Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Embed.lyMuseums

360 interactive product shot in mattertags?5068

CelisNet private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I would like to create mattertags with 360 photos of products in order to include them to the 3D models of retail shops.

I found this examples:

https://truview.ortery.com/360HTMLJavaScript/360Finals/125-Nike-Shoe-360-HTML5/125-Nike-Shoe-360-HTML5.html

https://truview.ortery.com/HTMLJavaScript/Linked%20TV%20Animation%202/Golf%20Club/HTML5Viewer.html

Those would fit perfect in the models with the mattertags, but the problem is that they are not recognized in the workshop.

What options do we have to include this 360 interactive photos in mattertags?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
If you can get it in Drop Box and get a URL that might work ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@CelisNet

Try searching embed.ly - 400+ platforms that are compatible with media rich MatterTags.

Also, what's the extensions on the files you would like to use?

Are you seeking a solution for creating 360ºs of objects or using existing 360º object photos?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
It's frustrating (and ridiculous) that Matterport limits what goes into the mattertags.

If you're a coder/expert, you should be able to embed ANY HTML/page/JS/code for this exact reason.

YES, I understand that most people are not experts, but that's fine - it just means non-experts a) can't include cooler stuff, b) will hire experts to create better content.

As a software development program manager, I cannot come up with any other valid argument for why Matterport doesn't allow us to use the Mattertags to their fullest potential.

#frustrated #disappointed
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DouglasMeyers thanks, i will give it a try.

@DanSmigrod im seeking a solution to use existing 360º product shots and use them in the mattertags.

Im going to look in embed.ly but are so many options, don't know how to find one that could lead to that solution.
Post 5 IP   flag post
tventuri private msg quote post Address this user
We use momento360, it is one of the embed.ly platforms Dan mentioned. Here is an example using the MP 360 image to show off a outdoor deck.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks @tventuri, your model looks really cool, great job.

The things is we need to include a 360º producto shot like this:

https://truview.ortery.com/360HTMLJavaScript/360Finals/restoration_hardware_moody/restoration_hardware_moody_static.html

If anyone know a way to do it, please let me know!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Once again, an example of how Matterport is blocking experts from fully using mattertags.

There are SO MANY things we could be doing in "our" models, but matterport is blocking us.

Things like this CAN be done NOW if Matterport would just allow experts to add code to tags.
Post 8 IP   flag post
kellysuesharp private msg quote post Address this user
Please post if you find a solution as we are presenting to a retail store as well in the next few weeks and it would be huge if we could turn the virtual tour into more of a product marketing slant.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@kellysuesharp Check this post from Metroplex: https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/5108/page/1/embed-anything-in-a-mattertag/#17

He found a way to embed anything!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Much thanks to @metroplex - it's still RIDICULOUS that we have to use a 3rd party to do this.

If it's possible using a 3rd party, then it's possible to do it on Matterport directly - so why doesn't Matterport allow US to do it?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres - Matterport is using the embed.ly service in order to provide rich multimedia content in Mattertags.

http://embed.ly/providers

There are many reasons that Embed.ly was a smart choice, which can be saved for a different discussion. Embedding IFRAME content is not what Embedly does, so this workaround that I found is one that works with one of their providers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The issue is that *Matterport* isn't making embedding available to paying users.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101429 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?