Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesScanning

How to Shoot Matterport 360º Photos Outdoors5027

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ajabba
If ... I purchased our [Matterport] scanner in May [2017] and I've only done 3 scans so far.

I'm struggling a little bit at putting it all together in one package: regular photos, virtual tour with stills, 3D tour, etc.

I also don't know how to incorporate outside shots into the tour. I guess I really need just a beginner course.

I did watch the [Matterport Workshop] 101 tour from last week [14 July 2017] but that didn't really answer my questions.

I thought you couldn't take photos outside until after the sun went down and that means I have to do the inside scans during the day then go back afterwards.

I don't know how to tie the scans together. I also have a tour to do that has a workshop/guest home that they want tied together.

I'm not exactly how to do that without shooting the entire home all over and then leaving the door open to go outside. It does look like people are doing outside shots during the daytime though.

Those are the elementary questions I have.

I made a walk-through on the tour. i hope it doesn't make anyone sick.

I'm not even sure i did that right. I just need to take time to sit and read or watch videos.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ajabba

This will help get you started ...

Matterport: How to Successfully Scan Outdoors
Matterport Scanning Tips: Outdoors

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
ajabba private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan!
Post 3 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@ajabba

Did you get all your questions answered? No, you would not have to rescan entire property. It would require you going back at proper times of dawn or dusk. The good news is that property doesn't looked occupied. Those are my favorite types.

I will put a small tour in that will show what a door going to balcony could look like and it would work in your model if the door by kitchen goes to workshop and guest house.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Post 4 IP   flag post
@justinv
I'm sorry. I've been away the past few days and will be away for several more. I haven't got to check out the links that Dan sent. I have no doubt I will have more questions.
When I go back later to take outside photos, do I just open the scan and continue to scan?
Also, if you are going to scan outside, do you have to have continuity with the door open that you will be going outside through?
I hope that made sense.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ajabba

Start inside where you already scanned. Just open the door and move far enough back that it will not hit where the door is open. Later, you will hide these extra 5-6 scans. I would shut the door after a couple of scans outside. You can then shut the door and hide those few leaving the one right outside the door.

If you Have any other questions, please let us know.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@justinv
I'm finally going to try to do a whole scan including front of home plus back yard. I have a few elementary questions. Will you tell me a time frame that I should use such as shooting the inside of the home then opening the front door and shooting again where the camera cannot see the front door then working my way to the outside. Switch to 360 view when outside. Repeat while going out the back door.
This is another question. I've seen where the tour has a photo just walking up to the home. If you've shot on a 360, how do you trim where it doesn't get the neighborhood surrounding the home?
I'm sorry for all of the questions. I would just like to be ready to do it correctly tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@ajabba

The only way to trim the neighborhood That I know of is to take a 360, then in workshop angle the 360 to make a 2d picture for highlight reel. It is early, so I am trying to figure out if that is what you are asking!

As for the timeframe, you have two times to scan outside and only have 45-60 minutes top. Those times are dawn and dusk. Have you practiced going in and out of doors? It can be tricky and take patience. If you can't get it to work, you might have to connect the tour with mattertags to get to workshop.

You can ask more questions here, I will try to answer in a timely fashion but I am busy all day and might not respond for a few hours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I haven't got to practice but I did set the appointment up to where it should be ready to shoot outside by the time I get done with the inside. I shouldn't have said time frame. I meant to say something like schedule, or the order things should be done, such as scanning all of the inside first, then just go back and take a scan near the front door with the door open, then I can change the order of the scans in a highlight reel?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Are you not happy with the scan inside? I am not sure I would redo the entire scan.

Just open back door and start around corner or far enough that the scan doesn't hit the door.

You will have to do the entire highlight reel again. When you upload it again, you get a new url.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I will do that. I'm so new. I didn't know I could. Thanks so much!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Will that be a new charge?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Nope. Unless you hit a threshold of multiples of 100.
Post 13 IP   flag post
If the shop is so far away from the house that it did not leak from the house, then I have to start a new scan, right? Then does that count as two spaces?
Post 14 IP   flag post
101436 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?