Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
I think this may have been covered, but I'm not "easily" finding the thread.

If I want to shoot a bunch of regular 360s (let's say, of the old town square, and a few at the site of the old mill, and a few more at the Pier), do I just shoot them all under a single model called "360s", then shoot a "test" model of 2 scans of... my kitchen... then upload that model?

WILL I GET CHARGED for the "test" model?

Has anyone done something like this yet... to use the camera just for 360s?
Post 1 IP   flag post
aristepp private msg quote post Address this user
I've used 360's just to render the images without a tour. Yes, you'll be charged but you'll have nice wide images w/o distortion.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristepp
I've used 360's just to render the images without a tour. Yes, you'll be charged but you'll have nice wide images w/o distortion.

Is that the 'process' you use then? Shoot a bunch of 360s, then do a 'test' model'?
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
That process will work,but it is not considered a "test" since you have more than 2 scans and/or 360s.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Exactly, what Jon said.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
In theory, one shoot an unlimited number of 360s as long as each model has no more than 2 360s. After uploading to the Matterport Cloud, download the panos as 4096 x 2048 exports, then delete the models. Use another service to publish them. It's not the best utilization of a Matterport camera, but I am sure that there will be times where this would be useful.
Post 6 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres

Why can't you use another model that doesn't have 100 scans? Just move a window trim and reupload. Then download the 360's and do whatever you originally planned to use them for.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv GREAT suggestion. Especially faster if the model has less scans
Post 8 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Now if I could only figure out how to move the community shots to other models, that would be great!
Post 9 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I hate to be "that guy", but I feel compelled to say something about this practice. While it is in fact technically possible to obtain free 360 photos, I would discourage anyone from taking advantage of the system and exploiting the use of the fact that we are not charged for reprocessed models. Please do not engage in this practice, as it may jeopardize our ability to download 360 images or reprocess previous models. I would hate to lose the ability to reprocess models and download 360 images because there were a handful of people who ruined it for the rest of us. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Ask yourself, "How much is my integrity worth?".
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm with you Jon. I think MP is more gracious regarding corrections and re uploading. Personally I do use 360s for only one purpose and that is to extract those nice wide images that require little more than an occasional crop and I pay the fee for processing. They are better than anything short of a tilt shift lens. Worth the 19 bucks all day long.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristepp
I think MP is more gracious regarding corrections and re uploading.

LOL "Gracious"?

- $4,000 for the camera,
- $1,500/yr for hosting/processing,
- you don't own the images,
- there's no Android app or desktop app for offline viewing,
- MP charges $20 per processing for scans over the monthly allotment,
- Workshop is incredibly slow
- Models over 100 scans are charged for TWO model processings,
- MP syndicates content we create without making it clear they are syndicating OUR content (or paying us for the work),
- Software updates are few and far between (especially for company/camera that has been around for 3+ years)

WE are being gracious by paying MP a LOT of money.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101717 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?