Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Workshop

Matterport Workshop "Wish List" | Your list?4987

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

1. Ability to take a Snapshot of a disable scan position. I would like a the widest angle SnapShot from the corner of the room, BUT I do not want people to stand in the corner, face-to-face with two walls. (At the very least, "Taking a Snapshot will unhide this scan. Okay?"

2. Ability to disable scan position when a Snapshot exists. (At the very least, "Disabling this scan position will remove Snapshot. Okay?"

3. Bigger text for: "Published 7 minutes ago" / "Saved 2 minutes ago" messages

4. Gear to set default SnapShot size (for downloading); Better yet; download separate folders with multiple sizes

5. When I change the name of a SnapShot, use that name on the file that gets downloaded

6. When creating a SnapShot that is a 360º View, hide the plus/minus percentage so that it is not implied that we can change this. Same with Floor Plan View. Still shows plus/minus even though you can not change the magnification.

7. Auto-Save all changes every x minutes (set in Gear)

8. When I specify that I would like the 3rd floor view AND then select Dollhouse view, do NOT show be all floors. When I pick two actions - Which Floor and Which View - do not change the other setting. Presently feels like wack-a-mole. For clarification, if 3rd floor is selected - and I then select floor plan view - do not show me all floors.

9. While I like X and O for scans - hidden and viewable - I wonder if adding red to X and green to O would be helpful. For clarification, in edit VR mode, the blue dots and white dots are super-helpful. (Though I would make the white dots red; unless this color stuff is an issue for those that are color-blind (8% men)

10. In Gear, enable Snapshot default FoV. For example, 70 percent instead of 100 percent.

11. When preparing a Slide Show or Walkthrough via Highlights Reel, add "Learn More" or "?" to "Walkthrough" It's not obvious what this is.

12. While it is nice that we can hide/unhide scans from dollhouse view, it makes it too easy - to accidentally - change (while attempting to fly-in). Perhaps if the scans were colors - red for hidden and green for visible - we would immediately know if we changed something by accident.

13. Buy Now: Auto-create video from Highlights Reel Slide Show (option to add logo and website at end)

14. Buy Now: Auto-create video from Highlights Reel Walkthrough (option to add logo and website at end)

15. About Select Room Label, alphabetic order please. (And, allow me to permanently add Room Labels) Or, at least add:

Sun Room
Laundry
Utilities
Pantry
Storage
Office
Bedroom
Garage
Porch
Closet
Walk-in Closet
Patio
Foyer
Gym
Media Room

16. Nearly every measurement we want to make is horizontal and vertical. If I am anywhere close, "snap" the line to horizontal or vertical. I can't even imagine why I would want to measure a diagonal. (Can you?)

17. When measurements overlap, there has to be a better way to see below the measurement where the other measurement crosses ...

18. In edit VR, I would like to hide labels and measurements so that I can easily see the scans dots. Do we even need to see room labels and measurements while in edit VR? Seems like the default should be off in edit VR.

What's on your "wish list" for Matterport Workshop?

Best,

Dan

P.S. I will likely add to this list (above) ...

Screen Grab: I like the blue and white dots. Perhaps white dots should be red?

In addition to be annoying, the tone needs work. Rather than "Error" how about, "Our apologies ..."
BTW, I was not trying to hide the scan; I was trying to add a label (which shows how easy it is to do some something not intended because the scans are not color-coded green and red (on and off respectively).
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to have two separate lines for NAME in public details because sometimes you want to identify your model with:

- Name of Agent
- Property address

With the current format, that has one single line with 128 characters, you cannot have two lines perfectly centered and also you cannot insert spaces so you can center it yourself.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I swear that there was a short duration about a year ago where you COULD disable a scan location and keep the associated snapshot. I seem to recall that ability because I remember being thrilled with it. The ability then went away after a few weeks.

Unless I'm crazy and it was all a wonderful shortlasting dream that I made up in my head?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I still wish they would allow the ability use two cameras on one property and MP has the ability to merge the scans with enough common scanned area. Now most of us have two cameras. I would love to use the 1st camera to do basements, gagarges and room that have no significant impact with my 1st Camera. Then use the Pro 2 for everything else.
Post 4 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
I would like the ability to brand my scan alongside the realtor (with their permission). Maybe in an out of the way place but allow for others to see who created it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tocha

You can do this today with WP3D Models Wordpress Plug-in.

Here's an example by We Get Around Atlanta:

www.703goldshorecourt.info (How Created)

Standard Members of the We Get Around Network get free use of WP3D Models.

Post 6 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Yes I have WP3D Models and love it. But not everyone wants a SPW so I would like that ability in Workshop as well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tocha

Okay. (A thousand reasons to use WP3D Models. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to use WP3D Models)

Yes. Matterport should offer this branding feature. The We Get Around Network Forum Community has been requesting this feature since August 2014. While they added the Presented by option (no logo), they made the Matterport logo bigger.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Matterport,

Here's another one ...

In Workshop, the "Download All" button implies ALL = photos, 360º photos, videos and GIF. While we would that this is how the button would work, at the very least, it should say Download All Photos.

Dan

Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
1. Add a "Lock vertical angle" option for snapshot mode to help me keep my pictures straight

2. Have a button to turn on 'disable scan mode' instead of a "too-easy-to-accidentally-click" hover button on scans.

3. Change Labels to 'Title' and 'Description' format so that I can have the room name and the dimensions on a second line in smaller text.

4. 3D EDITOR
a) This would edit the Showcase OBJ (the original downloable OBJ file would not receive changes).
b) Add a fill tool for floors. Model will actually generate a texture from the panos.
c) Add a 'hide' tool that hides areas and allows us to fix common issues from mirrors, etc. Also would allow us to clean up data when we scan outside.

5. MatterTag Audio
Audio Tags would NOT open anything, instead the icon would be a play icon that would change to a pause icon when playing. Audio would play and optionally text would appear as an overlay at the bottom centered for reading imparied like close captioning. Options would include ability to make MatterTag invisible with autoplay on proximity / facing tag location.

6. Guided Tour MatterTags
On Guided Tour, all MatterTags to automatically open when walking -- set proximity for sensitivity.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Great list!

In light of today's discussion about a brokerage regarding its agents to brand all digital marketing, seems like if Matterport could add a watermark option for all:

Snapshots
360º Snapshots (360s in the nadir: bottom of the 360)
GIFS
Videos
Floor Plans

... they would solve the tsunami coming for agents and brokers that want to emulate TV Networks that include a logo burned into the video continuously ...

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All (Matterport Product Managers for Workshop),

When I want to hide/unhide scans - when viewing the panel on the left for 3D Scans - seems like I should be able to do this in one click - rather than two clicks.

You have the 'real estate' just to the right of the scan numbers. When you are hiding/unhiding a ton - as I am doing today (16 August 2017), I wish the workflow was faster and easier.

Thanks,

Dan

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Can you spot the white rings - and white "x"s on the white floor?

(I can't either.)

1. I wish the white rings were green rings (or we could pick a color).
2. I wish the "x"s were red rings (or we cold pick a color).
3. I wish there was a way that I did not accidentally turn on/or scans.

How do you feel about the above?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea. Having that X'd out scan be a different colour would definitely help.

And I hear you... I've often accidentally deactivated a scan in workshop simply by trying to navigate to it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Queen_City_3D

Yes. Accidentally - deactivating and activating - is a problem.

Above is an example of where it is almost impossible to see the scans in Workshop.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?