Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor Plans

Ceiling height from point cloud4982

Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed but is anyone able to get the topography of the ceiling heights from point cloud?

Blue-Sketch gives out the square footage estimate with each floor plan, but areas under 5' should not be included in living space. Trouble is we don't know the ceiling height in a room with a sloped ceiling.

Sure I can go into the rooms in Workshop and measure different points in the ceiling manually but it would be so much faster if there was a solution available.

Any advise?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Petra,

While I am not familiar with your workflow, I can imagine you use the matterport floor plans as an underlayment, take one measurement and scale them to the correct proportions to start your drafting work.

While I work in 3d applications for my projects, I can easily create a section at a specific height use that for my area calculations. See example below.

While this may not apply to your workflow, I can imagine a web developer like @Jump to be able to create an online viewer where you can upload an obj file, and have that export an orthographic top view with a section in place at a set height.

You could then use that export in jpeg format or whatever, to take your measurements the way I do inside my CAD application.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! That's exactly what I'm looking for. That would be awesome to have. You are right about our workflow, we use the flat measured floor plan view. Thanks for the update Danny.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101436 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?