Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPricing

Lowest cost Matterport 3D provider in the US4974

mori private msg quote post Address this user
If this is the direction than MP and virtual tours are for sure no market for us.

I will earn more money in 1.5 hours when just doing UI/UX & Frontend without even the need to leave my bedroom.
Post 26 IP   flag post
PS: the 1.5 hours refer to the 99 USD.
Post 27 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't there someone on this forum that does Matterport, pictures and drone work for about $250-300? He said that he is so busy, he cannot keep up.

I would think (Know) you should be able to get more than that but if you do 3 a day X $300=$900. Even if you raised it to $500, that would still be $1,500. 5 days a week=$7,500. Maybe put some sort of time limit on each property. 2.5 hours or the rate goes up? Or you just raise your price and do 2 a day and save yourself from working like a $2 w***e running a .99$ special.

Now I will have to admit, can you imagine doing 2 or 3 of these a day, then having to come home to edit pictures, video, tour and build out a website? You figure that into the equation and $1000-1500 doesn't sound that great. You would get to bed after midnight and have to be back up and out the door by 7:30. You would be too tired to enjoy the money on the weekend. If your wife is like mine, she would ask, do you think you can do one more every day!
Post 28 IP   flag post
2.5 hours for a property incl. preparation, post (tour & tags) is not possible in my opinion for a average house.

But doing special offers to find out where the magic price for clients is will help to find the golden path I hope.

We are currently trying this via a crowdfunding Competition of the city of munich: http://www.whitebox-muenchen.de/en/projects/crowdfunding-wettbewerb/

What I want to achieve are 10.000 Eur to shoot 20-30 spaces for artists & art locations for free. People could buy a special priced paid shooting and so spend one free shooting for an art related location.

The main intention of course is the free PR and recognition within the city government for all their museums and other places. Unfortunately the german law would not allow Matterport for these locations due to legal restrictions (US hosting, No full unrestricted access to content, they need all rights on the content without restriction from a 3rd party and a 100% brand free player ...). But if this would happen I can use other hardware/software as then the budget will be above 99 USD.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv I think @StevenHattan might be the Chicago-based pro you're talking about.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Metroplex360

That isn't the one. I just don't want to call someone out.

They say it works for them, so everyone has a different business model.

I have considered doing like Dan and just have one package. Either you like it or it isn't for you. My wife just got her license to be a realtor, so a soon as she gets going, I am not sure I will do it for many other people. That is why I thought for $x, I will do Matterport, stills, video, website and whatever else. If people do it fine, if they don't oh well she will look better at listing presentations.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@mori

I would say the average home here is 2,200sqft. I apologize but I don't know the meters. I can do Matterport in about 1.5 hours unless there is something crazy with the house. Another hour for stills and get the drone out while packing up car. Do a 5 minute flight and your gone.

I did a 3,900sqft house with Matterport and stills in 2.5 hours. I thought the tour turned out pretty good. I will post it if you want to see it?

Like you said hook them with something then upsell or like I said tell them that is for 2.5 hours. I know in the past, it will take this long and it will be $x more. I think this thread said $99 only if they buy other products and lowest ticket is $300.
Post 32 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv Putting a 'time limit' per property is a pretty good idea, especially if a property is particularly quirky and problematic!

@mori Love your creativity in your crowdfunding competition, of course the PR would be great for you, but the contribution to the art community is a wonderful thing! That's some tough laws you have over there re hosting! Wishing you lots of good luck
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Is Matterport now the lowest cost competitor?

Matterport now pricing their own 3Dscan cost

While they may have stopped their Facebook marketing for their San Francisco trial, Matterport does compete with us in other ways:

Three Ways Matterport Competes with Pros

Dan
Post 34 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I was just reaching for my phone to ask if Matterport took the cake!

I would like to know the split after expenses? Probably not much especially for San Francisco!
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@justinv

Dan
Post 36 IP   flag post
CRUMBS!
Post 37 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@justinv

Dan
Post 39 IP   flag post
letsdosome3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mori
If this is the direction than MP and virtual tours are for sure no market for us.

I will earn more money in 1.5 hours when just doing UI/UX & Frontend without even the need to leave my bedroom.

Good for you! I see this a lot on this forum "I won't leave my house for X"

Prices are low for MP in the UK as it's a service job which requires zero skills and virtually no training.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe these people were charging more but no-one was buying. They may have a family at home that they need to feed and provide for. If this is the only way they can do it and they are working tirelessly to do so all the power to them!

Maybe they do not care at all what the doll house looks like and neither do their clients. I have done a very basic scan, on if I remember correctly a 3200 square foot house and it only took 40 minutes. With that scan there was obviously lots of grey areas in the dollhouse but going through the model you could see every room and it was very easy to navigate. The client wanted to try a cheaper option to my normal pricing so I supplied it. All in all if the price was based on time I probably made more on that one than if I did a full scan.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
I would disagree that the job requires zero skills and that's potentially a harmful message to be putting out there. Hopefully we'll see each other at the UK meet up this week and we can discuss more.
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Helen

That is how I feel about it. You don't know why they are doing it. They could have kids or maybe a national vendor is in their town and they are trying to get their investment back?

In the end, I doubt that is the final price. It is a bait and switch type of marketing.

At the end of the day, most people cannot make a living just providing Matterport. You have to bundle packages together with whatever skills you have.
Post 43 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mori
Prices are low for MP in the UK as it's a service job which requires zero skills and virtually no training.

I think it takes skill in order to be able to do it competently and consistently but I have definitely experienced the perception that pricing *should* be low due to Matterport making it easy!

On a related note, on the very day that I pre-ordered a Pro2 I was actually asked about the possibility of achieving a lower price point through the lowering of the quality of the Pro1 output(!): "Of course, I can cover the camera in a few layers of plastic wrap just for you!"
Post 44 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@PeterMcCready So silly. The Pro-2 is technically easier to scan with as the scan time is 8s less per scan and the transfer time (cooldown time?) between scans is lightning fast compared to the Pro-1. Alignment also seems to be better and less misaligned scans happen for me. If anything, the Pro-2 is easier to scan with!!!
The Pro-1 should NOT be cheaper unless you are trying to compete against a Pro-2 world!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMcCready

On a related note, on the very day that I pre-ordered a Pro2 I was actually asked about the possibility of achieving a lower price point through the lowering of the quality of the Pro1 output(!): "Of course, I can cover the camera in a few layers of plastic wrap just for you!"

Reminds me of a story I heard about a saleman in a fitness store who had equipment that was not that easy to sell. There was a treadmill or some other piece of equipment that had a very minor dent and so he listed it as 5% off. It sold right away. Someone else heard about the "deal" and asked if he had any other slightly damaged models. He said, "let me check in the back" and then he found a perfectly good treadmill and dinged it up ever so slightly with a hammer and was able to sell that right away by offering a 5% discount. That then became a regular occurance when someone wanted a discount he'd make the product slightly inferior to sell
Post 46 IP   flag post
Virtual_Homey private msg quote post Address this user
This post is a few years old and I'm wondering what happened to the $99 plan? What do people charge these days for Matterport? I feel like I might be charging too much, but without continuing the discussion I have to rely on the search results I see and I feel like those could be misleading.
Post 47 IP   flag post
101736 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?