Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Sharing Matterport Spaces 3D Tour Links4963

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Hmmmmmmm........

When Matterport enabled sharing, did they set the default to off on all models (as I would have hoped they would have)?

Ideally, I would like an option to either:

globally turn off/on Sharing
by folder turn off/on Sharing
by individual Matterport Space, turn off/on Sharing

The key here is that I would like Off to the the default setting.

The challenge is that we have clients - such as hotels - that do not want sharing of the Matterport Space: they want the link to their page shared.

I noticed on our older hotel Spaces, sharing has been set on. This means anyone can copy and paste a Matterport Spaces link.

It's now also made it easy for others to embed our Matterport Spaces in their website without our permission.

Did I miss a Memo on this? Did I get my facts wrong on this?

I do love having the option to share: but I want to have control over this. I do not feel that I should have to go back and turn off sharing.

best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
I think Matterport wants the control. I think they lose site of who is the customer. Customer buys, customer should be able to control.

That means any option should be defaulted to off.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
As a real estate broker and Matterport owner, I would prefer to have the default as "off". The last thing I want is for another to promote my property listing using my space without my permission.
I loose control with the open ability to share and use.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GFHoge
As a real estate broker and Matterport owner, I would prefer to have the default as "off". The last thing I want is for another to promote my property listing using my space without my permission.
I loose control with the open ability to share and use.

Like @GFHoge said !!! (!!!)

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
This is a tough one. teeter - totter.

You encourage a listing agent to use the My Spaces App to showcase Matterport Tours on their phone or Ipad in a listing presentation. But to do so, they need to log in as an assistant /user on your account. Then allow them what to download. I don't have time maintaining who has access to what in my que's. (thinking of just telling them to que up the tour, most cell companies are unlimited bandwidth now. At home is another story)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
I think Matterport wants the control. I think they lose site of who is the customer. Customer buys, customer should be able to control.
- well said. Who does this option benefit- "Matterport", not you or I and the customer service gets grey'd out between them, us and our clients.

On the other end, you don't want to share links directly from Matterport. This way, it's more difficult for crooks with no understanding of copyrighting, who never paid you for the service on the link they steal and advertise. Of course, we hope the thief agent pretending, will come around and use us to have their own genuine tour.

As much as I would like to share on Social media or feed to Realtor.com. The features are too new and do little help us. Again, I suggest avoiding them and continue to make your own pages and drive the traffic back to your's or your clients webpage. Don't allow the page to open in a new window. Try out a security feature to disable right clicking to deter thieves with half a brain.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question along the same lines, if it is posted to Google Maps then don't you loose control even if your doing it for a client that no longer wants it public, for anything. I am new to the Google Maps and this maybe a different line of questions or topic.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
I am going through all of mine and switching the sharing option off. It the agent wants to share the tour, they can do it from my tour template. Another pain in my @$$ the have caused me to have to go through over 100 tours and invidually turn them off. Its unfortunate that they don't have a "Change all from this day back?" option when you go to the global settings and set it to off.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
You encourage a listing agent to use the My Spaces App to showcase Matterport Tours on their phone or Ipad in a listing presentation. But to do so, they need to log in as an assistant /user on your account. Then allow them what to download. I don't have time maintaining who has access to what in my que's. (thinking of just telling them to que up the tour, most cell companies are unlimited bandwidth now. At home is another story)

My understanding is that a customer does not have to be logged in at all to download a model to the Matterport Showcase app. All they need is the model code (e.g.,WBiLpEo9e6X). They can then search by model on the app and download without needing to be logged in.

Or is there some other reason they would need to be users on your account?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D - That's the way I used to share it with agents. It wasn't working on his Ipad on Thursday, nor my own when I double checked it.

Has anyone used the feature recently? (maybe it's another blip in the Matterport servers).
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?