Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraChargeInverterPhotomatix

Why do Matterport Pros Need a Power Inverter4941

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter

Hi All,

Power inverters let you charge a Matterport Camera, laptop, iPad and smartphone - at the same time - while driving.

If you have one, you probably could not live without it.

If you don't have one, get one.

While the Matterport Camera batter lasts for a full-day of scanning, it's still nice to be able to charge while driving home from a distant scanning project.

While I use the $30 BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter (charges 2 USB devices at the same time (pictured above), if I was buying one today (3 July 2017), I would probably get the BESTEK 400W Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 110V Car Adapter with 5A 4 USB Charging Ports (charge 4 USB devices at the same time).

Plus, when my wife and I head to the Georgia coast - 7 hour drive from Atlanta - it's great to have fully charged laptops and smartphones.

For less than $50, it's a "must have" for every Matterport Pro.

Which Power Inverter do you use?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Tip: Buy extra Lighting to USB cables for the car.

Screen Grab: BESTEK 400W Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 110V Car Adapter with 5A 4 USB Charging Ports
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
This is an interesting "beast"

I haven´t seen these in Argentina and the 110V feature wouldn´t work here if I were to buy one from Amazon.

I agree with you in that it feels nice and safe to have fully charged devices all the time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought it. Thanks Dan!
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Can't agree with you more Dan!
After I am done shooting (traditional photography) for the day, it's great to be able to start post processing on the drive home. I can usually transfer all of my files from my SD card and get through HDR batch processing in Photomatix. It is a huge timesaver!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJ
Can't agree with you more Dan!
After I am done shooting (traditional photography) for the day, it's great to be able to start post processing on the drive home. I can usually transfer all of my files from my SD card and get through HDR batch processing in Photomatix. It is a huge timesaver!

You do processing while driving?! Please be safe out there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@SailAway,

Don´t you know that all of us have a limousine and a chauffeur at our disposal!

Of course, this will end if those guys charging $0.05 per sq ft insist in ruining the market...
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Haha! @SailAway, very funny! Btw, this post... while I was on the road. 😁
Just kidding!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJ
Btw, this post... while I was on the road. 😁
Just kidding!

Hilarious!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?