Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Blue Ocean MarketingMarketingPricing

$0.05 a SQ FT: Matterport 3D/VR + MatterTags4920

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard I agree with most of what you said. Its how I do it. Give them the lowest price first as that is what attracts them. The add for the extras. Want hosting beyond 60 days, that would be extra thank you. Want a tour that plays? That will be extra Thank you. Want more scans in one room? That will be extra thank you (we do the least amount of scans that we can do. Want Mattertags? I'll take $19 for 10, $29 for 20 and $39 for 30.

Shooting an an empty room? One scan at the doorway, and one in the middle of the room. Want an exterior 360 scan? That will be extra thank you.
Because of this, my guys are in and out in a flash and as for the post? Well theres nothing to do but wait for Matterport to process it and email off the link.

So, if they want more bells and whistles, its additional because of course it takes more of your time to handle them. But now you have given them a choice for their budget on that listing. That is want they want. Low price, with a choice of options. Remember, not all listings are priced the same so they will only earn half the amount if one sells at $300,000 VS another selling at $600,000

BTW, most agents hardly ever add anything except to extend the hosting after 60 days if it hasn't sold. My system automatically sends them an email telling them that the hosting will auto renew for 90 days if we don't hear back from them that they want to cancel the hosting. They are told if they want to make it longer than 90 days, then its $55 for 180 days or $79 for 360 days of additional hosting.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@gerhard I forgot to say. I do sleep like a baby.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes yes you have valid point there. I agree also that they don't mind too much for the bells and whistles. I also think that the add-ons are not that user-friendly. So a lot of people don't get the full viewer experience. I have watched clients exploring the models for the first time and they miss a lot of things.So this is also slowing down the tech. They need to make the buttons more clear on the tours. Must be so simple my grandmother of 95 must be able to get immersive and navigate all the functions.

( yes there is a wishlist or rather call it a bucket list - LOL don't know if we are ever going to see them be born in my lifetime, hoping, wishing and hoping some more )
Post 28 IP   flag post
@hometakes you will after taking the candy from the adults. No pun intended. I am just looking at what some MSP is trying to do in my areas and its a joke. You can smell the desperation for the business. My clients share with me their pricing structures etc, and it just leaves me in aww how these guys are still in business.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I forgot to say, I make money on the floor plans too. Good $$ in the mark up for floorplans and for that, we don't really do a thing. Ive sold some floorplans for $85 that cost me $15. So it all works out in the wash. Pricing is critical when it comes to Real Estate agents. If you don't like selling to them as you don't feel like they want to pay enough, then go target business's as Im sure your get plenty more $$ from them.

:-)
Post 30 IP   flag post

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@gerhard Because your competitors are asking too much $$ for a Matterport tour, right?
Post 31 IP   flag post
@hometakes no agents will pay the problem is they don't want to part with their money. They don't realize the ROI. They are still stuck on still images and doing things they did in the dinosaur age, They are in a comfort zone and lazy. But it's true in the next 3 - 4 years real estate agents will be obsolete. Yes, I will put that in writing, a lot of things are happening in that industry so ignorance is bliss.

I also sell floor plans to them but have stopped I just give it to them. I am paying $4.50 per floor plan ( Black & White, Color and have a 3D view also, all for just $8, delivered within 12 hours ) sold them for $99.95. But I realized I can add them in for free, not going to sink me to do that. And the clients can't believe what I am giving them. Sometimes I don't even mention the floorplans, and when I deliver the tour I add that in their delivery pack, with a note " by the way, thank you for your business here is your free floorplan with measurements with compliments." I think a lot out there is missing so many opportunities. They are too focused on their bottom line. Let me leave you with these words:

“You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” Zig Ziglar
Post 32 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard I'm also a huge Zig fan! Thanks for sharing, that's a nice touch surprising your clients that way. But I have to ask and I'm sure I won't be the only one, where are you getting your floor plans done at that price? That's damn good!

@hometakes Thanks for your insights also, much appreciated
Post 33 IP   flag post
@hometakes , so the next question will be; why is he not selling floorplans to MSP's???

To be honest toooo much admin and headache trying to get payments in.

Secondly, there are people on the forum offering this service and they are making a living from it. So I am not here to take food out of their children's mouths by making a quick $2 per Floor Plan and killing their market.

But I have a portal set up for that and can make it live anytime I feel like it. But I binned it. It's just not fair to these guys who have been building up their business and I want to swoop in and start offering way under what they are charging.

Wait, hold on does this not sound familiar, like what some MSp's are doing with lowering their pricing?

.... So it's like the old saying: don't shoot yourself in the foot and then complain your toes are getting wet when you are walking in the rain and then complain about rain. The thing is in my area I can actually afford to give the tours away and watch these MSP's close their doors and then just go back to business as usual. But I feel bad for some of the guys I have been talking to in my area they share my frustration. And the problem is not with MSp's but the Realtors. But that soon will change. So all positive.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Sorry, I think we may have been on 2 different pages. Not taking any money out of anyones pocket. Whether you buy a Matterport Floor plan for $15 or Blue Sketch for $35 I make the difference when I sell it to the listing agent that hired me for the shoot. We normally shoot a 3D Tour along with Photos and videos when we go out on a shoot. If they order a 3D tour, the option for adding a floor plan pops up for them to order based on the Square footage of the home.

Give me a moment and I will show you what I mean and take a screen shot video of it..... :-)
Post 35 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
This is how its done:

Post 36 IP   flag post
@hometakes , no it was not aimed at what you were saying. I think we just missed each other
Post 37 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@gerhard LOLOLOL Got it!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@brimtickle You miss the big picture here. It is not what we do it should be the perceived value of the product. Does a smart phone cost anywhere near $800.00 to make no! This is an incredible product and technology. It is worth more than people are charging. By charging such low prices, many will not survive in business but they also are devaluing the perceived value of the product. Believe me, this product is worth the higher prices charged by some.

In my market, there is no demand for the product because no other agents are using it. But once a few start using it regularly there will be a demand as they will need it to win listings.

And lastly, there is an art to this it is not just the hardware and software. If you are truly a professional MSP you are telling a story and the way and positions you shoot from are how you differentiate yourself. With Matterport you are doing scans from different spots you cannot just walk through the space and stop everywhere. You have to pick the scan spots to show the best of each stop!
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Another Matterport Service Provider with oh so low pricing ...

Dan

Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta love the "Choose a State" feature. This product is screwed.
Post 41 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
WOW - I guess to avoid this in europe I really had to got for an import embargo.
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Seems relevant to revisit.

Dan
Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@hometakes

As you shared, 2D schematic floor plans are a high value / easy/low cost solution.

Any time you can get paid $85 for something that costs you $15 and no effort, seems like a no brainer.

Best,

Dan
Post 44 IP   flag post
101438 44 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?