Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro1Pro2

Outsourcing to MSPs w/ Pro1 vs Pro24900

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious for anyone who has had opportunity to source out out-of-market scans to other MSPs if you've given any thought to whether that other MSP has the old vs. new camera?

Given the choice I would want my clients to have the best image quality possible and so all things being equal I would choose an MSP with a Pro2 camera vs. the original. That said, I assume on the "Find a Photographer" search that it won't differentiate between cameras... is that a fair guess?

Would you expect to pay a small premium to a PRO2 camera operator?

Any other thoughts on outsourcing with 2 different cameras out there?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

On the We Get Around Network Find a Pro page, should we add an option about "which Matterport Camera"? ...

My bias is leave it off and for clients that care, they will ask ...

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm sure it would be fine to leave off, but it is absolutely a questions I'd be asking another MSP.

I don't have my PRO2 yet, but it is on order as I do think the quality improvements warrant the upgrade.

That said, we're keeping the original camera, and so there will be times when we'll revert to the PRO1, so I can't be too big a hypocrite expecting an outsourced scan to use the new camera...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I try not to work for my competition. If they want to advertise in my city. They should fly out here and shoot it themselves with their new camera. My hope is, the more they spend, the quicker they can go out of business in my area.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@VTLV To each their own.

We've only outsourced about 10 jobs so far, and as far as I know each of those MSPs was happy for the extra $. In each of those instances they did the scan but uploaded to our account through a collaborator email address/password we gave them saving them processing fee.

We also just did a local job last week for an MSP in a different market who had a condo to scan here for a client. Same thing. They gave us an email and password to log into a collaborator account they created and it was one more paying job for us.

Outsourcing = $$$ for both parties.
Post 6 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D Should your original question not also include vetting the ability of the MSP to take good photos LOL... and not just whether they have the latest camera version... won't matter how good the image quality is if the person behind the camera isn't any good at it...

Also, have you considered, you may not be able to find an MSP with the latest camera in the location you need???
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?