Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanMarketingSellStrategy

100% Matterport Income?4894

tocha private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anyone on this forum who does Matterport full time and is making their total living off of Matterport scanning?

If there is, can/will you share how long you have been doing it and how long it took to become fully sustaining as your core business.

Any secrets you can share with others to help build their business in their location?

Thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that if you search the forum you will find some answers, but just like you I am curious and always looking to learn as photography and 3D is taking a big part of our core business here at green fuse. One thing you can do which I am looking forward to is becoming paid member of this forum, where many benefits will arise.

This reminds me to sign up for all the benefits.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
This may not be the answer that you are looking for, but I wanted to give some perspective from my experience as a Matterport Service Provider.

When I started my business 3 years ago, I did not offer anything but Matterport. The technology was new and I had to educate a lot of Realtors about the technology and how to use it in their marketing. I did this for about 2 years and marketed my service a number of ways including office presentations, cold-calling, email blasts and social media marketing. I thought, being the first in the market, I would make money hand over fist with this camera. Unfortunately, this just did not happen. It wasn't until I offered photography services was I able to transition to working my business full time.

I believe this is because Matterport is not yet essential to real estate marketing. It is still an upsell. Whereas great photos are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to market a home. Being able to deliver great photos made the difference for me in going from a few scans a month to creating a full time income. As of right now, only about 20% of my revenue comes from Matterport scans. The rest is from traditional photography!

My advice to you is to learn to take great photos (if you are not a photographher) and the Matterport work will come. Get your foot in the door with a product your customer NEEDS and you will be able to market Matterport that much easier. Your business will grow like you wouldn't believe.

Just my 2 cents,
Jon
Post 3 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
Jon,

I would love to learn more on how you were able to take your photography services to full-time status, if your time allows it of course. Thank you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@SailAway,

Unfortunately, I do not have a silver bullet for going from part-time to full-time income. I can share with you what I did and what worked, but every market is different and people connect in different ways.

That being said, if I had to start my business all over again, I would would look for the top producing agents and large teams and market to them directly. I would call, email, visit them in person, do whatever I had to do to get my work in front of them to show them that I can provide them with better quality images with better service at a better value. Once you secure the business of these agents, you will be able to generate a "predictable" income which will allow you to go after other agents that don't list as many houses.

There are a bunch of other things I would do as well, but for the most part I would focus on the photography first and Matterport second.

Another strategy is to build a huge database and market directly to everyone in that database. This is a tip I got from @StevenHattan. So, I will let him weigh in if he is able.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN-TV Training Academy Video: We Get Around Going "All In" ... Free to Watch by We Get Around Network Forum Members

Hi All,

Earlier today (27 June 2017), I spoke with a newbie Matterport Service Provider that went "all in" ... He also recently joined the We Get Around Network as a Standard Member.

1. He quit his day job (unrelated to real estate / unrelated to spaces that can be scanned)
2. Bought a Matterport Camera and related gear
3. Expects to make a full-time living from only offering Matterport (and eventually other services)

I do not know any Matterport Service Providers that make a full-time living from offering just Matterport, so how did our conversation go? How were we able to create a plan with "next steps"?

If you are thinking about going "all in" this 1+ hour video is a "MUST WATCH" and you can watch free as a Member of the We Get Around Network Forum. (When you join, you will receive the password. Already a Member, simply PM me for the password.) [Thanks for your patience too. About to head to dinner and Tuesday night tango class with my wife.)

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?