Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Smaller Fee for Smaller Matterport Spaces4877

Wanderfish360 private msg quote post Address this user
[Some of us are lobbying Matterport] to convince Matterport to have smaller processing fee for spaces with fewer scans. For example a cafe with 15 scans that ultimately we will want to push over to Google Street View.

[Please send a comment to Matterport Support].

If they don't change this structure is going to be hard to get profit margin built into a Google Street View revenue path.
Post 1 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
The cost to host a model is $20, right? How much do you want the company to go down? $5, $10?

Really?? I get the concept but there are bigger fish to fry than this. :-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with you. If we get charged more for spaces over 100 scan points, it seems like there could be a price break for less than 25.

This could be very beneficial in allowing us to cater to high volume/low scan venues - RV/Jet/Boat Sales, seasonality for stores, et al.

It's something I'd like to see happen.
Post 3 IP   flag post
walk360 private msg quote post Address this user
I like the idea too!
Price break depending on # of scans. Like when is more than 200 scans we get charge as 2 models. So when is less scans it could be less $$
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@wanderfish360 If you are charging appropriately for SV, then the MP fee structure should not be a deterrent.

My guess is that many think having a MP and publishing to SV will be a magic bullet solution to instant success. 5 years with GSVT, I know many will not succeed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I hear you Wandertrout. Unfortunately, because this is not exactly mainstream technology (in that we are still having to articulate it's worth to the average individual) "charging appropriately" is a relative term in relation to your market.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@StevenHattan If you want to pay more for less scans be my guest
Post 7 IP   flag post
aristepp private msg quote post Address this user
I just want them to listen to our requests for changes in the software. Bigger thumbnails, the ability the create more than one highlight reel at a time which would greatly aid our ability to explore different approaches to a Walkthough instead of having to duplicate and switch back and forth the browser page. Make the Mattertag post text visible always or the words 'click me' or text that is visible when the viewer rolls over the text. Half the time viewers have no idea what those little blue dots are. The ability to choose the color of Mattertags and circles in the tour would be nice. They are just not bright enough. Remember the largest demographic of buyers of real estate are old people who are not tech savvy.
I don't really think 20 bucks is too much but I'm tired of this stone age software.
Sorry for the rant but this software is such a time sink.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@aristepp Sounds like you need to create some threads of your own. I don't disagree that service enhancements aren't needed.

This is about a business model that benefits both Matterport and their MSP community. It actually doesn't cost them anything to offer a smaller fee for a smaller amount of scans. They will make it back in volume and it doesn't change their processing or storage requirements. Also, Matterport gets more exposure in the commercial world.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@OpenHouseOptics Wandertrout? You being tongue in cheek or condescending? Because it reads the latter.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Absolutely tongue in cheek, I'm on your side my friend!

Funny or nah?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll take funny then!

Love

Wandertrout
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hey guys, I'm not offended by anything anyone has said here. I continue to beat the drum about making some serious upgrades to the software and it seems like I'm the only one asking for improvement. So if you are on board, talk about it in new thread. Sorry about that.
Cheers
Post 13 IP   flag post
@TrustedPhotoDC I am just being pragmatic. A small coffee shop isn't going to pay hundreds of dollars for a scan plus the additional fee for Google Streat View. So if I get the MSRP to be around $100 with a processing fee of $5-10 plus whatever they charge to port it to GSV (let's assume another $10-$15) Then it's worth it to me to actually approach this smaller market. If I am only going to make $50 then it's not worth getting out of bed. So $5 vs $18 does make a difference.

But again I have a smaller addressable market in my area and my goal is to Matterport everything
Post 14 IP   flag post
@aristepp Not at all -- Love the conversation.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristepp
I just want them to listen to our requests for changes in the software.

They do. Some features are higher priority than others.

Quote:
Bigger thumbnails

The size given works well for mobile.

Quote:
the ability the create more than one highlight reel at a time which would greatly aid our ability to explore different approaches to a Walkthough instead of having to duplicate and switch back and forth the browser page

I think that multiple highlight reels would perhaps add unneeded complexity and isn't a feature that most people need.

Quote:
Make the Mattertag post text visible always

The text is rendered as an overlay, whereas the blue dot is rendered in 3D. This would not be easy to accomplish as the tag content cannot go behind walls or other objects.

Quote:
or the words 'click me' or text that is visible when the viewer rolls over the text.

I like the idea. Consider mobile -- perhaps the choice of icons would be important.

Quote:
Half the time viewers have no idea what those little blue dots are. The ability to choose the color of Mattertags and circles in the tour would be nice.

Agreed, different colors would be very nice.

Quote:
I don't really think 20 bucks is too much but I'm tired of this stone age software.

Stone age software? Most of your requests are minor things whereas the platform itself is generally regarded as next-generation.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The given thumbnail size makes me blind. My eyes actually twitch after hours of editing. Why can't we have a choice? Every other post processing software on the planet gives us a choice. Not everyone gives a hoot about mobile. I work on a 27 inch monitor so I can get it done as fast as possible.

2 highlight reels would allow you as the creator of the walkthough an opportunity to ask and then see if maybe 'this' plays better than 'that'. It's not a complexity, it is the same as creating a virtual copy in Lightroom so you can play with editing, see what works best.
If it can be an option, what's the beef?

I work with a variety of editing software and I'm telling you much of what MP software lacks is basic.

Sorry if I seem cranky, been editing for hours, eyes hurt.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Have you considered simply increasing the magnification of the page on the computer?
Post 18 IP   flag post
101738 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?