Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2

Matterport Pro2 Camera, day 2 Results4867

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
The improved speed is worth the price of admission! I just did a large, 68 scan, 3 bedroom house in about 50 minutes. The increase in speed is caused not only by the camera spinning a little quicker, but you can move the camera immediately after scan stops. (I wait to a count of 2 just to be safe.) Half my scans I was able to start while the i{Pad was aligning. And I don't know for sure, but alignment seems much more agressive. I moved several new scans farther than I normally would have done with no adverse effect. The job this morning took 1.5 hours total including turning all the lights on, then off, the 3D, and a pass through with the Nikon for stills. I'm not ready to ditch that part yet.
Post 1 IP   flag post
NestorSarmiento private msg quote post Address this user
That sounds great! Please share the result!

NMRK
Post 2 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright Thanks for the update. Anxiously awaiting our Pro2 that Fedex shows is scheduled for delivery this afternoon.

What was the approximate size of the house?
Post 3 IP   flag post
3000ish. with large rear patio.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright,
68 scans in 50 minutes is a good rate for sure, but how long would it take you to capture 68 scans with the Pro 1? From my experience, it might take 5 minutes longer. Has this been your experience? To me, the nominal increase in speed and improvement in image quality isn't enough for me to make the change. If I didn't take stills with a regular camera, my opinion may differ, but the images and flexibility I get with my Canon far exceed any images I could get with the Pro 2. I assume you would agree, since you are still using your Nikon.

Thoughts?
Post 5 IP   flag post
old system would have been way over an hour. i just extracted a still from yesterday's scan for a view i missed the client wanted. it may be a viable substitute. haven't put it thru the paces yet. there's potential. i'm down with the speed, worth it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?