Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

How Matterport Could Improve Teaser Videos4866

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Matterport Teaser Video 1 of 3 (Beta) | We Get Around Atlanta Matterport Spaces 3D Tour | Matterport File Name: xrPcm9LSw8X - LONG INTRO - 480p MP4 |
Matterport Spaces 3D Tour Scanned by We Get Around Associate Photographer @YairYepez

Video: Matterport Teaser Video 2 of 3 (Beta) | We Get Around Atlanta Matterport Spaces 3D Tour | Matterport File Name: xrPcm9LSw8X - SHORT INTRO - 480p MP4 |
Matterport Spaces 3D Tour Scanned by We Get Around Associate Photographer @YairYepez

Hi All,

This post was inspired by this post by @craigsauer in this We Get Around Network Forum discussion.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by @craigsauer
So far I'm unimpressed with several of the teaser videos that I've looked at on my models. The starting pano choice and viewing angle seem pretty random, not some ideal "based on deep learning". If they hadn't said that in the press release, I would have assumed they just picked a random pano, random viewing angle, panned a bit, jumped out to the dollhouse, and back into to another random pano.

But then I looked at a few more and the panos choice and viewing angle seemed much better than random. So it may be a little hit or miss.

However, the video is very smooth and the quality is good. I'll definitely use these when they are good!

--

I Matterport teaser videos. Kudos to the Matterport Artificial Intelligence (AI) team.

@craigsauer I am sure the Matterport AI Team will improve the algorithms for auto-generating Matterport Teaser videos, here are some "thought-starts" for this team. Got any to add?

(This might be part of a Matterport Business Plus account: a new pricing tier for Pro Tools; no Matterport logo)

1. Allow Matterport Pros to pick up to "x" scans + Dollhouse in the order that we would like the video created. Now the AI can figure-out the best starting point for panning the "camera"
2. Use the Highlights Reel. Seems like if we go the extra mile to create a Highlights Reel - and place the images in the order that we like, we have already done the "heavy lifting" of which scans and in what order. We simply want an auto-generated video from our pre-selected list. (Yes. This is likely longer than a teaser video.)
3. Add an option to upload a logo. Two options: 1) Add logo at end, and: 2) add logo bottom right.
4. Now that Facebook allows banner videos; create the video with this in mind. Every Matterport Pro would this
5. Highest quality output please
6. Option for lower third text: we would add the vanity url such as www.123MainStreet.com

Nearly all of the above ideas involve AI + human. How else can a human add value to the AI?

Matterport AI Team, we look forward to seeing how you leverage the data the Matterport camera captures and turn it into magic.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod It would be nice to be able to have a simple choice of background music for the video. Maybe an option to export with/without music.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@LewisBishop

Excellent. Licenses stock music. Perhaps we get a choice of X including my nine.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
In Facebook when one creates a slideshow, you have a choice of about ten different styles of unlicensed generic music to accompany the slideshow. The nature of the music is such that it can be terminated at any time length. MatterPort should provide this option for teasers and when pressing the play button. I notice that iGuide plays music when the property is toured. It really enhances the user experience.
Post 4 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Can you not put the teaser video into Adobe premiere and put music, logo and whatever else with it?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question. I want to supply my client the short clip, but the starting point is in the kitchen and does not showcase this $20 million property very nicely. Yes, I know it's a teaser and it's FREE. So not complaining. Just would like to be able to select another viewpoint. It luckily does not start in a toilet. Any suggestions, I don't know if I missed a post regarding this. My commercial clients loved it when I sent them the 2 vids, Gif and some panoramics. They were very impressed. And the best of all I gave it to them for free. So that is customer service with a smile and repeat business. Nice to see we are getting more nuts and bolts added to the workshop, fingers crossed they will surprise us with some more cool stuff.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Gerhard

Not presently. This "wish list" discussion is so Matterport Product Development and their Artificial Intelligence teams can see the challenges and opportunities.

In the mean time, you can get a custom video - at a very reasonable price - from www.iPadVideo.info by real3Destates ...

Please see this We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

Videos from Matterport and iGuide 3D tours

Videos can be an up-sell, bundle or nice surprise. (We Get Around Atlanta includes these videos in our bundle.)

Dan

P.S. Here's one that they did for We Get Around Atlanta ...

Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?