Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Retail Storefront with 10 Different Colors?4850

Faga private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

Need some advice for a retail store scan.

There's a specific furniture that was produced in 10 different colours and my customer wants to test which colour grabs more attention.

He was planning to scan the storefront "once" and change the colour of the furniture for each subject. I told him that changing the colour was not our thing

Scanning the storefront for 10 times is the ideal solution for a MSP but not for the customer...

I appreciate any Matterport related idea or a totally different technology suggestion.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Photoshop stills.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Why InventiveCG

Photo: InventiveCG High-End Interactive Visualizations screen grab | Image courtesy of InventiveCG

@Faga

InventiveCG offers this EXACT solution.

It's interactive too!

InventiveCG High-End Solution

For high-end interactive visualizations, animations, and interactive applications, InventiveCG uses a game engine.

Using a game engine allows InventiveCG to create great looking environments and let clients:

✓ view them in real time
✓ walk around inside them
✓ interact with them in numerous waysIf you really want to blow your clients minds, put them inside an HTC Vive and let them truly experience a virtual property.

Plus, it's a white label solution so you can market it to your client without a 3rd party logo showing up.

Dan

P.S. Special savings for Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Network. This is one of 40+ Membership Benefits | www.JoinStandard.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright
The customer wants the subjects walk in the mall corridor.
Still won't work...

@DanSmigrod
I will take a look Dan, thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
cswartz private msg quote post Address this user
What if you tried scanning the first color then uploading. Duplicate file and rescan with different color, duplicate and rescan, etc until you have all 10 colors and 10 different versions of the same scan. You only pay once and have 10 versions. I've actually never done this, just think it could work.
Post 5 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@Faga Not sure I understand your problem... It would be one tour, the owner switches out the furniture in each scan. You make sure you show each colour version in the highlight reel all within the same tour.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@cswartz @nat_vanveen
One big problem is the logistics.
They don't have all the coloured furnitures in the same store.
The work they ask needs to be done with some software I guess
Post 7 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@Faga Oh then that's different, I'd say you're right... that's a tough one
Post 8 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Faga If you use WP3D you could have 1 scan but have 10 different pages each one with a different hero image on it. The hero image could be photoshopped with the different colours if they do not have all the colours on hand.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod, thank you for that detailed post.

For those of you that want to see the video of the interactive part where Dan posted a screen grab from, see the video below. After the animation part, at about 2 minutes in to the video, the interactive part starts.

While the example above shows a colorpicker, it's also possible to choose from a set of predefined colors.

As for what @Faga is asking for in this case, I do think this service is a bit overkill since the storefront is an existing one, instead of an unbuild one.

I do think however that I can help you out with this in a more cost efficient way. If you can provide me with pictures of the furniture and a pictures of the furnished storefront with 1 of the color options, I'll see what I can do and provide you with a specific quote. You can private message me.

Like Dan mentioned, you'll get a 15% discount on all inventiveCG services if you become a Basic, Standard or Premium Member of the We Get Around Network.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Danny
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?