Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
TrimTrimmingWish List

Wish List: Matterport Trimming Tools4796

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Trimming a Matterport Space 3D Tour in the Matterport Capture app has come along way since I bought my Camera in July 2014. That said, I still have a few "wish list" items for Matterport trimming:

1. Undo last trim; undo last trim before that, etc. (When I try moving one trim and accidentally move another)
2. Snap trimline to trimline (when I have a 90ยบ angle, the trims should snap into place)
3. Trim skylight tool
4. magnifying glass: my finger cover-ups the placement. Give me a magnifying glass else where on the iPad to see a placement)
5. Cloud-based trimming (especially important when other Pros publish to our Matterport Cloud account) - At the moment, we're still dependent on going back to the Pro to trim the model

What would you add to this "wish list" for Matterport Trimming Tools?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Along with that I think tap to tap trimming would be great. Tap on one corner and then tap on the next spot and it draws a straight trim line in between.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wanderfish360 private msg quote post Address this user
I know this is a preprocessing feature but it would be great if it was possible to clean up scans in Workshop. So that I can clean-up the dollhouse view. This might be a different feature request.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @htimsabbub23
Along with that I think tap to tap trimming would be great. Tap on one corner and then tap on the next spot and it draws a straight trim line in between.

Yes. That would be very helpful. Seems like this step could be a lot easier than it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wanderfish360
I know this is a preprocessing feature but it would be great if it was possible to clean up scans in Workshop. So that I can clean-up the dollhouse view. This might be a different feature request.

It's a great observation. As you point out, the "bigger picture" opportunity here is to enable all the functionally of editing (trimming, scans, floors, etc.) and enable these steps to also be done in the Cloud. This is particularly important when Collaborating with others. For example, We Get Around Atlanta Associate Photographer and Architect @YairYepez did a day-long scan yesterday. Since I am a morning person, I would have liked to begin some of the post production. Instead, I had to wait for him to bring the iPad over to our office. And, if you are collaborating with an out-of-town Pro, you are dependent on them completing the trimming (and possibly re-publishing the model until you are happy with their trimming.

Other wish list items related to trimming? Or, feel free to create a "wish list" on another topic.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Big thumbs up on being able to trim in the cloud! More and more of us are using other MSPs to service our customers in different area's making this very important.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?