Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 CamerasVRDL360

VRDL360: 360º Camera for $99 | 7K Photo4784

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

This 360º Camera just got listed on Indiegogo starting at $99 US + shipping (off the suggested retail price of $219 and says "estimated September 2017".

(I would want to know if the Camera is Google Street View Mobile Certified before buying one.)

Even if you own a Matterport Camera, it's essential that you begin playing with an under $500 1-click 360º Camera that is certified Google Street View Ready and can shoot video.

"VRDL360 is the first 360-degree virtual reality camera that combines 7K photo, 3K video, live streaming, and instant sharing. It's smaller than your smartphone, so you can capture all of life's adventures on-the-go in breathtaking, panoramic views."

"VRDL360 is the most efficient 360 VR camera for capturing 7K quality photos, 3K video, social live streaming, and instant sharing. VRDL360 is compact in size so it easily fit in your pocket or bag making it a traveler's new go-to gadget."

Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I'd be very cautious backing anything on Indiegogo. I’ve been burned a couple of time as no matter what the company does even if they don’t reach their goal they keep all monies given to them and they don’t have to make any refunds if they can’t deliver. Don’t forget that Indiegogo makes 20% all monies raised so they don’t care if the product is ever delivered they just want to keep listing new items for people to back.

For a company to claim that they can deliver a precision 360 camera in 3 to 4 months is out of the question and at a price of $99. If the camera is delivered at all I’d would say you wouldn’t be looking at delivery to sometime in 2018 if ever. I like a lot of people feel Indiegogo is just a quick way for companies to almost print money.

One other thing, look at the backers which the sites states as 55 but actual units backed are just 2 backers so far. All I can say is proceed with caution on this one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GarySnyder

Yes. Points taken. That said, at this price point, not much of a risk. Though again, unless it is Google Street View Ready certified, I would not buy it.

I have bought multiple 360º Cameras on Indieggo and Kickstarter.

They all came VERY LATE and Panono shipped full price camera buyers before they shipped mine. I believe their's arrived two years after the promise date.

I am still waiting for one promised well over a year ago.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
At this moment, to the best of my knowledge, Google has made no announcements about it be ok to use but actually, that doesn't really matter to Google. All they care about is that the final image resulting from whatever gear you use will meet its minimum standards of size and and 'quality' (but there's a pretty big debate about the definition of quality as per Google, especially when they think it's ok to use a Theta S in situations that, in my view, hurt the brand (client).

With respect to this particular camera, @DanSmigrod, agreed the cost is truly minimal and therefore the associated risk. It too got my attention and I'm debating doing the same thing as you just from a test perspective.

Hey, I have a Theta S and generally only use it to show off the concept and have only ever included 3 spheres professionally with it in a situation where a DSLR was a safety risk so the Theta's size made the job possible.

These cameras are in bushwhaking territory. It may be an amazing find in the end, but you really have no idea what you'll get.
Post 4 IP   flag post
vrdl360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gary, Dan & Marc,

I fully understand your concerns as I'm also a backer for some projects personally, but we're very clear what we're doing.

Here are facts that may help you know more about VRDL360 camera project.
1. Agency 2.0, a premier crowdfunding agency located in LA, is partnered with VRDL360 for running the crowdfunding campaign. Agency 2.0 is also the Indiegogo's official partner, who only work with project they believe in. They're not going to jeopardize their own reputation by choosing a project they think won't be delivered on time.

2. The most important one is that VRDL380 has received two arounds of investment and negotiation on the third one. It is why we're providing limited quantity of VRDL360 camera at the price of only $99, almost the same as the manufacturing price. After it is sold out, the price will increase to $119, $139 until $149 while the retail price will be $219. As a startup company, we need more users to use our product.

3. VRDL360 is at the stage of moulding which will be completed by June 20 and then around 100 units will be available in second half of July for testing purpose. Mass production starts right after that, so we can expect that shipping to backers starts in Sept.

All in all, we're doing our best to bring this first ever 7K VR camera to VR lovers. The most of core team members at VRDL360 have around ten years experience in VR industry and VRDL360 is the member of IVRPA.

You're welcome to learn more about our project on Indiegogo and stay tuned at our Facebook page. All your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards
Joe from VRDL360 Team
Post 5 IP   flag post
@GarySnyder

I would like to explain the backer number for our campaign. The total backer number displayed at the top is all the perks together, including the hidden one. We've never played and won't play trick of this kind.

The platform commission for Indiegogo is 5% and payment transaction fee is 3% as you can see in the support documents on Indiegogo. It's not a secret.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Joe
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@vrdl360

Joe,

Thank you for joining the discussion. It's nice to hear directly from the Chief Marketing Office for VRDL360.

Will the VRDL360 camera be Google Street View Mobile Ready during the Indiegogo round?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Dan,

I'm currently talking to Michael, Google Street View Business Manager and have sent over our sample images. I've also urged our team to work on Google Street View Mobile Ready, so we could expect that VRDL360 camera will meet the standards for that during this round.

Regards,

Joe
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@vrdl360

Joe, status on Google Street View certification?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@vrdl360

We added the VRDL360 Camera to The Guide to 66 1-click 360º Cameras curated by We Get Around.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Thank you very much for this.

As to the Google Street View certification, we're still waiting for the sample camera to be available around July 19. We will send one to Google for testing.

Joe
Post 11 IP   flag post
101429 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?