Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicePro1Pro2

Matterport Pro2 3D Camera Scan Samples4778

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I shot several vacant apartments today with less than perfect lighting on the Pro2.

Zoom in to see the detail in the textured walls, the granite countertops and the wood laminate floor. The detail is pretty intense.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=BijP7dSNs1d

Open in full screen and then navigate to a new pano to start getting high quality imagery.

--

Here's another example, this time a 'Patio Home'.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=vcVWsuHZTMS

--

I have a few more scans of larger, more interesting spaces that I'm submitting to Matterport as examples that I'll share later if they are not used including an A/B test of an Episcopal Chapel.

What do you guys think?
Post 1 IP   flag post
brett private msg quote post Address this user
Very impressive!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
The zoom is really impressive. When that feature first launched, I was really underwhelmed and I don't think I ever used it again until now. Definitely a selling point now.

The overall visual quality of the tour is certainly improved, but it isn't as dramatic as I hoped it would be. I'm hoping that the improvement to the captured data will allow Matterport to continue to improve the processed image as time goes by.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@craigsauer I'll be honest, both spaces were not ideally lit -- I've submitted a request for review of the patio home as I feel that the tour came out darker than it should have and there are some areas where there's a lot of 'blue' that wasn't supposed to be there. The engineers are still tweaking and refining everything.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
I have some strange behaviour with the zooming feature on the pro2 models. When I zoom in the browser goes black, I can still move around and see the sweeps, zoom out and the image is back. (iMac 27, safari 10.0.1) zooming is fine on my "old boring outdated tech" models produced by the pro(1) camera.
Post 5 IP   flag post
wlee1684 private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed when I try to zoom in on the models here, I get a webGL crash, but if I open the model from the link in a new window it works fine, maybe that will help?
Post 6 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
@wlee1684 I did open the link. With the old camera we have not really had a lot of feedback on technical difficulties, although many clients are on dated computer systems in the UK. I wonder if it will be any different with the new camera though. More data loading would likely mean more likely to crash on suboptimal systems.

Another thing that just struck me is the amount of data captured on the ipad will cause it to run out of space quicker and potentially not allow us to capture models that superseed the official limitations. I´ve seen scans with 700 + sweeps, and wonder if that would actually work with the Pro2 as well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Great quality and great use of the towel holder in the en-suite 😃
Post 8 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Both looking good, love the detail in zoom.

only a bit slow when opening in a new window, took 48s to load (25s just white circle and then the blue line started) till being able to see the 3D model. I believe it will be due to inet speed.

Could nearly read the emails on the Screens :-)
Post 9 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Who's the interior decorator? hahah

Post 10 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
In all seriousness, there is definitely a better visual. I wonder if anyone has done the same property twice. Once with the current camera and one with the new one.

All in the same spots at the same height would be a great comparison.

Of course, being me, my mind is racing on how to best exploit the upgrades to my client base.
Post 11 IP   flag post
letsdosome3D private msg quote post Address this user
It crashes everytime I zoom as well. My computer is fairly new so don't think it's a hardware issue.
Post 12 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
No problems navigating on Safari 10.1.1 on iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011),12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, macOS Sierra 10.12.5

and also no problems on my Lenovo G50 - Win10, Firefox
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
How do the still pictures look? Good enough for real estate agents?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
There is a very obvious, to someone who is looking, quality difference.
Post 15 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I made some tests with the example pictures from MP.
If you you would be able to optimize the 360 pics or panoramas with e.g. Photoshop and reupload the difference would not be visible besides of course the zoom quality.
Post 16 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I think one of the main issues is that you don´t get the 134 advertised Megapixel Panos from Matterport.

Also Facebook has a max. upload dimension, so the Pro2 has only minor or no advantages here as you could improve the downloaded 360 pic with a single click.

And even is the zoom is awesome: how many of you or your customers use this and are aware? Guess this number is max. 5-15% of the total viewers.

An option to track the viewing behaviour would be very helpfull to find out.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHattan
Who's the interior decorator? hahah

Me! It was that 'arrangement' or get the camera in the shot This is a lesson to all MSPs that the should bring their own props to hide the camera from mirrors -- or you're left looking around the home for something

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHattan
In all seriousness, there is definitely a better visual. I wonder if anyone has done the same property twice. Once with the current camera and one with the new one. All in the same spots at the same height would be a great comparison.

Other than the Matterport Samples on their site - I have scanned the same place with both cameras - same positions for both.

Pro1:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=6w1ARqXfDKL

Pro2:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=umBZmw1jXX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsdosome3D
It crashes everytime I zoom as well. My computer is fairly new so don't think it's a hardware issue.

Use Firefox. I have Pro2 scan crashes like crazy in Chrome -- mostly when there are multiple open at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mori
I think one of the main issues is that you don´t get the 134 advertised Megapixel Panos from Matterport. Also Facebook has a max. upload dimension, so the Pro2 has only minor or no advantages here as you could improve the downloaded 360 pic with a single click. And even is the zoom is awesome: how many of you or your customers use this and are aware? Guess this number is max. 5-15% of the total viewers. An option to track the viewing behaviour would be very helpfull to find out.

#1) The actual image quality is better even without fully zooming.
#2) Matterport are tracking viewing behavior MatterPlus has built in Google Analytics support that fully tracks behavior that can be viewed live ... I did it as an experiment, but it's not very useful as it's an experiment that cannot be used commercially. I'm hoping the SDK will allow me to integrate it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
Are the still photos taken from the tours much better in quality from the first generation camera to the pro2. I find window shots are not that great with the original camera as the sunlight bends around the mouldings and wall.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JCHAFE Yes, they are better. HDR on windows is still not DSLR quality.

I wonder if Matterport just blindly takes each image and HDRs -- rather than spot metering ... that would be interesting if it would spot meter for the brightest and darkest areas.
Post 20 IP   flag post
101422 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?