Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGPSGSV17Pro2

Why GPS on the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera?4737

Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
What is the function of the GPS unit on the PRO2? Will the PRO2 be able to publish directly to StreetView without location authentication by the business owner?
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
GPS will be to add geolocation info to photos. Don't know how accurate it will be when the camera is indoors or down in a basement.

Might also be used to place your 360 shots in the right spot relative to other 3D scans on the model.
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@leonvanzweel

I have wondered the same question. I use it for real estate, so I was wondering if it would automatically verify the location or upload to street view.
Post 3 IP   flag post
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping that the GPS will allow us to scan different parts of a space, WITHOUT having to overlap a previous scan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres

That would be a nice feature but whatever the reason it isn't going to matter because I am using the older camera!
Post 5 IP   flag post
valen_felipe private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe If you lose your camera (or some one steal it), you will be able to Find It. Something like "find my Matterport".If you have employes using the camera, you can track their work and have a "geo fence".
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@valen_felipe - That's actually a VERY good idea.

--

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004093527-FAQ-Matterport-Pro2-3D-Camera

We use the GPS hardware and algorithms to estimate the location and orientation (compass direction) of the Space.

We use this data to automatically suggest an address for the space, to make publishing to Google Street View easier, reliably share your Space to our syndication partners (if you desire), plus future features.

GPS signals may be unavailable while deep inside a building, especially if the walls are very thick or protected. Take a few 360ยบ Views outside to increase your location accuracy.

---

It's very likely that Matterport will utilize GPS for scanning outside too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Unless one gets a GPS signal inside the property, one outside scan is required for location and at least one more for orientation. How do the outside scans interface with the inside scans?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Can you let me know if you still need to have businesses pinned before uploading the MP to Google? Or is that what the Google Verification is for?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Property3DNZ - Nothing has changed. GPS is not being used for automatic location information -yet-.

@leonvanzweel - Nothing has changed. GPS is not being used for 360 Views yet.

One thing that GPS can do is establish true north, and I would guess this is going to be used for GSV for aligning the tour with the map.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101437 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?