Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasPro1Pro2

Two Matterport Cameras: Pro2 3D and Pro4699

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Even though Matterport announced a new Camera today (31 May 2017) - the Matterport Pro 3D Camera (MC250) @ a pre-order price of $3,995, it continues to sell the original Pro 3D Camera (MC200) at $3,395 - $600 less.

In light of the new Camera, anyone considering buying the original, lower priced Camera?

If so why?

And, if so, this post may be helpful:

βœ“ Hold Off Buying a 360ΒΊ Camera Unless ...

Best,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
I would bet a small wager - that the old camera will only be available until they blow through their inventory.

I see no 'product marketing' reason to maintain both in the lineup beyond economics.

As a new customer, it's unlikely you'd invest such a sum into the opportunity and not buy the 'best you can' when buying such an asset, especially given the capital nature of the purchase for the business.

Depending how many they have on-hand, i wouldn't be surprised if deals were done to clear these out fast.

I'd also bet they have about 3 months burn rate of inventory, and if clever, they will swap to the new model with minimal overlap, hence the pre-order process.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
The price difference is not substantial enough. This type of asset should be amortized over 12 months or 18 months if you feel risky. Matterport should crush the obsolete stock. That is what we used to do.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@kevshed

Yes. I imagine once they are done selling the old camera - Matterport Pro 3D Camera – they are done with that line. Maybe it is just me - always want the latest and greatest - but if I was buying a new Matterport Camera today, I would pay $600 more and get the new one (especially for the GPS as it relates to Google Street View) and the better images.

βœ“ Matterport Pro2 GPS: Why this Matters

I could image that all the sales Matterport ran to blow out the old inventory took longer than expected.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
What about the buyback units? Think they are upgrading them or selling them as refurbished units?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Wanderfish360 private msg quote post Address this user
I am torn. I have the buyback option, but I haven't quite reached the ROI needed for the gap between the trade in and the cost of the new camera. But I feel like I might be missing out on a competitive differentiator if I don't. Thoughts?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wanderfish360 If you can afford it, do it. The quality of the Pro2 is a joy. Also, consider that you may not want to miss out on the first production run!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101437 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?