Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasPro2

Why Return Your Matterport Camera...4686

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

If you bought a Matterport Camera in the last 30 days (since 1 May 2017), call Matterport immediately - and email them - that you want to return the "old" Matterport Camera, since the new Matterport Pro2 Camera (MC250) was announced today (31 May 2017).

If they tell you they will swap the Camera for a new one instead of return the old one, be concerned that Matterport has already stated that swaps will be done with refurbished Cameras (which means you may - or may not - get an old serial numbers which means if you ever want to sell your Matterport camera used, it will likely be less than selling a "new" Pro2 Camera.

According to the Matterport Terms of Sale - Revised 31 May 2017 - you can return your Camera within 30 days:

4. Return Policy.

(a) Return Policy for Cameras Without Faults. One time only, You may, at Your expense, return to Matterport the first Camera purchased by You within 30 days of the date of the original shipment of such Camera to You, provided that such Camera is in the original packaging with the original receipt. If the Camera and original packaging are returned within this timeframe and confirmed by Matterport not to be damaged, Matterport will provide a full refund based upon the original payment method. You cannot return unwanted items after 30 days. The foregoing return right applies only to the first Camera purchased by You. Subject to those rights set out below regarding Cameras with faults, You will have no right to return any subsequently purchased Camera without the prior written consent of Matterport, which consent Matterport may grant or withhold in its sole discretion. For clarity: (i) any Camera obtained in a trade-in or upgrade transaction is not eligible for return under this subsection; and (ii) the limitations set forth in this subsection will not apply to any limited buy-back program offered by Matterport, and the written terms of such program provided by Matterport shall apply instead with respect to the return of Cameras subject to such program.

---

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you bought your Matterport Camera on or after 1 May 2017, what is your serial number?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
StevenTing private msg quote post Address this user
Mine arrived April 19 and my serial is J-249. That's a starting point.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@StevenTing

While you are outside the 30 day window, I encourage you to reach out to Matterport Support and see what you can work out.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Just spoke with a new Matterport Pro. He got his camera in the last 30 days. He was not planning on returning it because s/he has places to scan and does not want to be without a Camera.

I suggested:

1. Buy a used Matterport Camera on eBay. There will be a ton. And, eBay guarantees the purchase.
2. Make sure you get a photo of the serial number so that you can confirm with Matterport that the Camera was not stolen.
3. Return the new Camera - purchased within the 30 days
4. When the Pro2 Camera arrives, sell the Pro 1 on eBay
5. The depreciation on the used camera - buy / sell - will be less than having the new Pro1 when the Pro2 comes out.

Badly said, but you probably get my gist on this.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?