Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
1click 360 CameraGoogle Street ViewGSV17Tokyo

Hold Off Buying a 360º Camera Unless ...4660

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Hold off buying a 360º 1-click 360º camera until it has been certified as meeting one of four Google Street View Standards announced at the 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo (10-11 May 2017).

This We Get Around Network Forum Topic includes a list of the:

✓ four Google Street View Standards
✓ Companies that say that their Cameras will be certified Google Street View Ready between now and December 2017

Surprisingly, the Ricoh Theta 4K camera – announced, but not yet released – did not announced if they will meet the eligibility requirements for any of the Google Street View Ready Standards. (Despite presenting at the Google Street View Summit.)

About "Unless ..."

Here are exceptions of why you would want to buy an existing 360º 1-click camera today:

1. If you know that a software/firmware/backend update would enable meeting the Standard. For example:

✓ Matterport
✓ iGuide
✓ InsideMaps

2. If you would like to use the immoviewer platform, I would still buy a Ricoh Theta S (knowing that I would likely replace it either with a Ricoh Theta 4K when released later in 2017, or another 360º camera that will likely be supported by immoviewer (While you can use any 360º photo sphere creating camera today, part of the magic of immoviewer is that they use the Ricoh API to make the process easy, fast and simple. I could imagine that immoviewer will mirror this workflow with other 360º cameras that have APIs.

3. You can make money today with your purchase

4. You want to practice workflow now

What else? Other reasons to wait (or not wait)?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
After your Matterport Mega-Shoot post yesterday I have been contemplating diving in. When do you think MP will release their new model?

immoviewer looks like it is a much more affordable way to get in the Real Estate end of VR tours.

Thanks Dan and keep up the good work.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@LetMe3D

If you are thinking about buying a Matterport Camera, I would read these We Get Around Network Forum posts first:

Exponential Growth Coming Soon to Matterport
Free Month of Matterport Hosting/Processing
Matterport to explode (in a good way)
Hold Off Buying a Matterport Camera?
Should I Buy a Matterport Pro 3D Camera?
New Depth-Sensing Cameras for Matterport?
All 2017 Google Street View Summit Coverage
Raise the Price of the Camera to Sell More?

If you are thinking about buying a Ricoh Theta S and/or immoviewer, I would read these We Get Around posts first:

Hold Off Buying a 360º Camera Unless ...
List: 14 of 38 360º 1-Click Cameras < $500

@LetMe3D Figure-out under what circumstances you would buy a Matterport Camera and make them an offer. For example, do you want price protection until 12/31/17, if they drop the price? Do you want to swap-out for anew camera, if announced in 90 days?

Matterport does major announcements at trade shows such as Inman Connect San Francisco and Inman Connect New York. I would wait until after Inman Connect San Francisco to see if they make either a new camera announement or new, deep discount.

immoviewer is an easy/safe decision to put your toe in the water. Low cost upfront investment in gear and pay per tour.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, you are the best. Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@LetMe3D

You have actually been talking to the We Get Around Network Bot, but I will let Dan know ...
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@LetMe3D

Looks like I was spot on: though for the wrong reason

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?