Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Scanning Separated Buildings4652

Standard
Portage, MI
Senojev private msg quote post Address this user
I have just got an assignment to scan a great log home and it has a 1500 SF apartment over a 3-car garage about 120 feet away. The realtor would obviously like to have both covered with one Tour but I am not aware that this is possible. From what I can find, the only option would be to use a Mattertag with a link to the tour of the garage. Are there any other options that could make a smoother transition. I could add a Mattertag in the smaller building to return to the main home. Is there a way to make the Mattertag more obvious to the user as it is unlikely that they may find the blue dot and click on it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Senojev

Congrats on your project. You could add 5 rich media MatterTags in each location pointing to the other location.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I have not tried this yet myself but would just using 360 views be an option be an option for the smaller garage?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
You can do this!

I shot two separate unconnected apartments and made one single property website with both tours. You embed the short code from the smaller part in the comments of the main portion. WP3D to the rescue

www.2636Harway.com
Post 4 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
if there's lots of 3D stuff (lawn furniture, grills, fountains, tricycles, large rocks, bodies, etc.) it will scan, but at very late afternoon or very early morning before the big IR source comes into play.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3dVuz

Great tip. it.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to scan a massive multi level property with a guest house and was able to scan the space between the main property in the shade outside it allowed me to join them up
check it out
http://3sixtyimage.com/3d-model/virtual-tour-waterfront-beach-house-port-macquarie/skinned/
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Guest House 12 Miles Away
Post 8 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Senojev

You could always scan outdoors and into the other structure. Of course, this takes patience but can be done. That way it is one tour and they can roam wherever they want to go.

Here is one with a guest house:
clickable text

Another one with outdoor space:
clickable text
This one had a game room above the second garage but the realtor wasn't there. I wanted to go back because it was about 5 minutes away but the realtor said it was her fault and not worry.

Just so there is something for the camera to align with, you can keep scanning. Matterport said it is not supported but it can be done. You would have to plan scanning at dawn, dusk or overcast day.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?