Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingWeddingWire

I need help with up to 2,000 scans in the US4644

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BrightViewPhoto
@DouglasMeyers
@OpenHouseOptics

Feedback welcomed about the thought-starters in my original post.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Some related discussions:

Matterport to explode (in a good way)
Does Matterport have a conflict of interest?
An Amazing Magic Carpet Ride of Matterport
Why You Want to Retain the Copyright in Matterport Spaces
Urgent: Do Not Delete Scans from Your iPad
I need help with up to 2,000 scans in the US

Okay, back to the thought-starters and discussion above. Additional thinking?

Best,

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Just keep the pay and scan quality consistent with the square footage please.

We got some guys saying they can do a shoot in one hour skipping large chunks the client cannot get to in the tour.

We got outsource companies we already compete with using this model to undercut our chance at profits. The outsource companies require a dress code so I cannot advertise my own business. Will that be the case here?

And lastly, would we assume the scans will be roughly the same square footage? At what size does charge go up? An outsource may offer to pay you $200 for 2,000 sq ft and then $150 for 3,000 as ft because you're doing bulk.

I'm sure new guys would love to jump on the opportunity already working for outsource companies. Perhaps outsourcing to outsource companies could speed up the downward spiral of bottom feeders. Lol

I'd love to see a lead from WGA, but I haven't seen one since last year from an outsource co. We're still paying our dues believing in you Dan!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
If you can all hold off a few weeks you can all individually use Viewing to directly liaise with the client for your particular job(s) if you like? All records of conversations, agreements and job descriptions can all be kept it one place.

You can then use Viewing as a distribution channel to upload the tour and send to the client as a draft for approval or for the client to make notes for you to make amendments before sign off. You can do this via notes, messaging or even instant chat - all logged and all in one place for reference for you and the client.

It's there if you want it. Not going to try to convince anybody to use it if you don't want to but I'm happy to open this up for network-wide use rather than keep it for ourselves.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Yes. Quality can be all over the place. Even my real estate broker cousin wouldn't engage me to shoot a listing because of our pricing I offered to waive my travel fee so I could see her, but I knew her listing would take two full days to shoot it.

She engaged another Pro who raced though the (amazing space). She called me to complain about quality (as you noted).

Pricing would be between you and the Client.

And, about leads, thanks for hanging in there. This morning, another Basic Member wrote me:

"Yes. That client signed a 1yr agreement and we have already completed 35-40 scans. We anticipate to do around 100 by the end of 2017 for her alone."

Plus, potential leads are one of 40+ Member benefits. I encourage you to review your Welcome Onboard Letter to make sure you are taking advantage of your Basic Membership.

Best,

Dan

-----

[Added 4 October 2017]

Hi All,

Here are other WGAN Forum posts that include the tag: WeddingWire

Best,

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post

vpodlogar private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few team in a few states and we could assist as required.
vaun podlogar
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
We have 3 Matterports and a team of 4....Be glad to help
Post 32 IP   flag post
BarrieFisherPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,
I'd be interested also.
Thanks
Post 33 IP   flag post
RandyAggie private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in. I have a ton of global IT program management experience, so if I can help with the project management/coordination of this venture, please let me know.

Personally, I like aggregating by market, so I can easily pick and choose the market(s) I'm interested. If I'm visiting somewhere, I'd like to be able to take a look at that market to see if I can line up some work on my trip. If we were limited to the markets we were paying to be listed in by our membership level, so be it. That would drive some additional revenue for you while increasing the number of leads we get.

Exciting news!
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@vpodlogar @rko1 @BarrieFisherPhoto Thanks for posting. At this stage, seeking feedback on a couple of thought-starters mentioned in my original post.

@RandyAggie

If we do the closed groups by City/State, we would initially, automatically, invite you as a Basic Member to the private group in your coverage area. The only group that would be visible to you, is the Group or Groups that you are invited. Yes. To be fair to the Standard and Premium Members in other locations, we would limit the invites to the three locations for Standard Members and 10 locations for Premium Members.

Thank you for the additional backstory as well.

Best,

Dan
Post 35 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@VTLV

Yes. Quality can be all over the place. Even my real estate broker cousin wouldn't engage me to shoot a listing because of our pricing I offered to waive my travel fee so I could see her, but I knew her listing would take two full days to shoot it.

She engaged another Pro who raced though the (amazing space). She called me to complain about quality (as you noted).

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Matterport wrote an algorithm that estimated the completeness of a model based on rough edges and suggested that the dollhouse be disabled for crummy scans?

If you're wanting to run and gun a model and not complete the dollhouse -- you should be shooting iGuides. They have an entire business model built around efficiency over meticulous 3D scanning. Many Pros choose iGuide because the product fits their customers better and they can scale it differently.

If you use Matterport the intended way -- great. If you use Matterport like iGuide - get an iGuide
Post 36 IP   flag post
Wouldn't it be nice if you could somehow get your iGuide floorplan to recognise where you are in a Matterport model, perhaps some fancy overlay. Making the iGuide scan points on the iGuide floorplan move around relative to where you're moving in the Matterport model. We could then use the iGuide floorplan as an overlay on the Matterport model and kill two birds with one stone.
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Baxter - One big complaint I am getting from competing photographers more than agents, is that their clients get tired of clicking over each scan point we make.

So your navigation map on each floor plan makes total sense because few people understand how to use the doll house and floor plan views. Sad to see such great selling features not being fully utilized we understand but listing agents fail to "sell".

"Align and understand one another" - Gary Vanynerchuk.

This allows cheap competitors to win their sale over us by use of less stops in a tour to keep interest up enough until the buyer gets confused and stops the navigation. All in hopes the buyers will just go and see the home.

Both competitors and agents want to just initiate a way to bring buyers to view part of the home just to see some of it in hopes the buyer will get off their duff and make a commitment to see it. I think the Matterport viewing is a much better sale to let buyers see everything over the slide show sale that tends to get clicked off after realizing its a repackage of the photo gallery, but that's a different topic.

@Baxter I am working on testing out your concept now with 3dVista.

For clients who want 360's for Social media today, I have shot some Ricoh 360's (my latest using an Ipad ThetaHDR App) to give them say, five 360's for Facebook. I have added these 360's to the 3dVista Software Trial version and could add in the scan points similar to Iguide onto the Matterport floor plan as an image to be used as a navigation map. It's not yet fine tuned (so nothing to share today).

This could eliminate our need for purchasing Iguide at a high cost to use, now giving our clients a high pricing when using Iguide, that may as well buy our Matterport service. So it's only an add on idea as of now for my clients buying Matterport.

With 3DVista costing $500 and $100 for a 1 yr hosting, this could be our answer for the cheaper 360 alternative to current clients who are not yet willing to buy our Matterport service. This gets buyers greased into loving 360's over slideshows with something like Mattertags we currently price against Matterport with our cost being under 1k for a cheaper 360 alternative.

The question comes into what floor plan service do we go into using when we shoot 360's either with Ricoh, a similar 360 camera under 1k or a DSLR Fisheye setup we have seen used when Google Street view takes a customer indoors.

@Baxter @DanSmigrod, I think Baxter's topic should become a whole new topic to question like "how to make the best as an alternative for 360's with floor plan under 1k to get the best of both" he mentions above outside of the 2k discussion titled above (edit me as you please, you have my blessing to adjust words).

This is a great scenario for all of us to win clients who back out of our Matterport pricing, but embrace 360's at a lower price that we can work with and still profit and win future Matterport sales on.

Again, thanks for listening to my ramblings.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
This thread has some great conversation in it!

First, I definitely want to be involved with this large scale project and 100% completely agree that quality of a scan is incredibly important and I feel like mine are on par with the best out there and I certainly let my clients and potential clients know it. I do take longer and might be priced a little bit higher than some others out there, but you get what you pay for...

Anyway, I would offer up another route for organizing these shoots by WGA to break them down by category and company (e.g. to keep with restaurants, restaurants -> applebees, just to pick a national player), then they can be broken down by region/market within each to ensure coverage. One big benefit for this would be consistency - one pro/team can do all of those applebees in that market creating the same look, feel and movement of the tours.

Thanks again @DanSmigrod!
Post 39 IP   flag post
@VTLV

"Align and understand one another" - Gary Vanynerchuk.

Exactly.

I really do think a map overlay for Matterport is essential moving forward and happy to see you are actively looking into this.

@RobinLycka and his team are pioneers when it comes to interactive maps so you may want to reach out to him to help find a sensible and solid solution.
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360 @Baxter @VTLV @CLE3D

Thank you for the additional thinking.

@Metroplex360 Perhaps your idea is the beginning of an automated "certified pro" program Paste the link here and you'll tell us how good this pro is.

@VTLV Please do start a new topic(s); including one about 3DVista (to see whom else is using this platform). I am (very) surprised that Matterport has not offered the iGuide floor plan view within a Matterport Space. iGuide nailed it about "where am I?"

@CLE3D Yes. Good question about multi-state accounts.

@Baxter @VTLV CartoBlue offers interactive area and imagine maps. ( @CartoBlue )

Hi All,

Other thoughts about the two thought-starters?

Dan
Post 41 IP   flag post
Wanderfish360 private msg quote post Address this user
I would be interested. Covering Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and parts of Massachusetts.
Post 42 IP   flag post
lukegibson private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

I would be very interested in pursuing this great opportunity! I service the greater Los Angeles area, and could potentially handle the Orange County (CA), and San Diego, areas as well.
Thanks,
Luke Gibson
Post 43 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
@lukegibson I say this with Humor.... San Diego is mine....lol..
Post 44 IP   flag post
lukegibson private msg quote post Address this user
@GeorgeK I would say SD is a big enough city for both of us....but actually, it's pretty small compared to LA.... LOL
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GeorgeK
@lukegibson

The Client's Agency - not We Get Around - will be using the We Get Around Network Find a Pro Map to source Matterport Pros for the 2,000 US Matterport spaces they need by the end of the year (2017). International will be added in 2018.

Since it is likely that many Matterport Pros have already scanned spaces that they seek, I have suggested that they allow We Get Around to set up Private Groups within the Forum - by market – and invite We Get Around Basic, Standard and Premium Members to these groups to see what categories (or by business name) that the client seeks and complete a form to submit appropriate Matterport Spaces for consideration).

Thank you in advance for understanding that potential leads is one of the 40+ Member Benefits for Basic, Standard and Premium Members (so, if they allow We Get Around to do Private Groups, only Basic, Standard and Premium Members will be invited to the Group where their Map Locator Profiles are located).

While the Forum is about giving/getting help - I make a living from the hundreds of Basic, Standard and Premium Members that have faith in We Get Around - me - to help them succeed faster.

Best,

Dan
Post 46 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I want in! Enough said!
Post 47 IP   flag post
BrightViewPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

Any updates on if this company is going to go through with their plan?

Thanks!

AaRon
Post 48 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BrightViewPhoto

This client's agency begins sourcing Matterport Pros this month (June 2017).
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod

The Client's Agency - not We Get Around - will be using the We Get Around Network Find a Pro Map to source Matterport Pros for the 2,000 US Matterport spaces they need by the end of the year (2017). International will be added in 2018.

Since it is likely that many Matterport Pros have already scanned spaces that they seek, I have suggested that they allow We Get Around to set up Private Groups within the Forum - by market – and invite We Get Around Basic, Standard and Premium Members to these groups to see what categories (or by business name) that the client seeks and complete a form to submit appropriate Matterport Spaces for consideration).

Thank you in advance for understanding that potential leads is one of the 40+ Member Benefits for Basic, Standard and Premium Members (so, if they allow We Get Around to do Private Groups, only Basic, Standard and Premium Members will be invited to the Group where their Map Locator Profiles are located).

While the Forum is about giving/getting help - I make a living from the hundreds of Basic, Standard and Premium Members that have faith in We Get Around - me - to help them succeed faster.

Best,

Dan
Post 49 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
P.S. I am flying home to Atlnata today (5 June 2017). I likely will be slow to reply. Thanks, Dan
Post 50 IP   flag post
BrightViewPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Dan, Godspeed!
Post 51 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

I dont know the status Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

For this big Client, I have suggested that they use WP3D Models to generate the embed code. This will enable the client to use a much better static image that includes their logo (not Matterport's logo) and include the client's logo through-out the tour experience. (They this.) I haven't even had a moment today to let @rpetersn know to expect a call.

So, by buying the copyright in the Matterport Spaces 3D Tour, the Client does NOT need to pay for Matterport's API access and gets a much better visual storytelling experience.

Dan

I would love to use this feature now for our tours, now that we finally have membership.

If we can help we can do scans in tri-state, and Florida mostly Orlando down to Keys.
Thank you,
Paul.
Post 52 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
So is anyone here invested in a 2,000 scan project?
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

Matterport now pricing their own 3Dscan cost

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

Why I am participating in the pilot

Dan
Post 55 IP   flag post
101636 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?