Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Are you Surprising and Delighting Clients?4643

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

I went to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant tonight (Tuesday, 23 May 2017), while my wife is traveling.

I had one of my favorite dishes, but it is a bit salty. (So I want thinking about stopping for an frozen yogurt.

When I asked for the check, I received a surprise and delight instead: a scope of vanilla ice cream drizzled in chocolate sauce and a one bite-size layer cake.

It was totally unexpected (and so appreciated). And, what a great buzz-builder for this restaurant.

What are you doing to surprise and delight your clients?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I will some time add in a FREE .info as an alternative to the big ugly link.
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I always put the tour in wp3d model with a vanity url. I do not charge them extra but it is included in price. Like you said, bundle your services so they don't pick you apart about pricing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
I went to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant tonight (Tuesday, 23 May 2017), while my wife is traveling.

I'm going on record as being surprised and delighted every time I eat Vietnamese food. It's the greatest! Rule of thumb - if they don't speak English and the bathroom is sketchy - it's going to be an EPIC meal. If the cook is smoking in the kitchen - you're in for the best BBQ Pork/Chicken/Lemongrass Beef ever!

As far as surprising and delighting -- walking out onto patios and grabbing some 360 Views of outside things usually makes clients pretty excited! A free mini photo shoot integrated with Multimedia MatterTags is my next goal to include the curb appeal and yard from windows!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Hello to all the Matterport Pros on MUG,

@metroplex360 Hey Chris! What's a free "Mini Photo Shoot?" Also, I believe that I read Helen (or someone else) says they skip the 360s because they can only be used in the Highlight Reel and it tends to confuse the viewer. Which I kind of feel inclined to agree. An inexperienced viewer will probably not be looking for the 360 icons vs. the little walking guy icon, and thus not get to experience the full value of the 360. Chris, do you have a different way of displaying the 360s?

As far as surprising and pleasing the clients, we too use vanity URLs from www.tiny.cc because (it's free) and it gives you some analytics as well. Plus, you can go back and edit URLs very easily. We also deliver a direct link QR code with each tour in case they need to use it on printed materials. Creating the QR codes are again free, quick and easy to do. We use http://www.qr-code-generator.com/. On both the QR codes and Tiny URLs you'll need to create a free account to get a history and analytics.

One other thing we do is we create a password protected page on our website for each client. It's under a tab we call "Projects." This way it keeps all their tours in one place, makes them feel somewhat important and serves the purpose to let anyone who clicks the link to quite possibly see we have signed their competition as a client. If you have signed some big players it also adds super credibility to your business!

Well, there you have it. These are some of our techniques. I hope it helps.
Post 5 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Networker

The only 360's i have ever taken was when working for someone else on their account. I will take the tour outside around the pool, outdoor space or whatever might be out there. Without being able to download them, they are worthless to me.

They do serve a purpose if you are in an apartment, hotel, etc and they want to highlight amenities. That is the only time I have ever used them.

They would be good on Facebook to get people to the single property website but it is a no go.

For the vanity URL, Godaddy has .info for $3.17 out the door and runs specials on them sometime. I look at that as pretty close to being free but I am able to chose the site by their address. My clients like the personal site.

My clients, at first, are surprised I showed up and delighted I actually came through with a great product!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod and @justinv Thanks for the kudos! ;c) Now you have me on a roll. One other thing you may consider is when going into any client for an initial meeting is to create an "Our Vision" page. We do this religiously because of a picture is worth a thousand words. It helps if you can code or use a web builder platform. We use both Weebly.com (if I'm in a hurry), or Wordpress if they are a big player.

Here's the process. We start by going to their website and pulling up their display platform. Ninety-nine percent of the time they are slideshows. We snap about 3 or 4 screenshots with different pictures. We also take snapshots of their mast banner (top of the site) and a portion below the display to add realism. Then, we take the individual pics to www.gifmaker.me (free) and create a motion .gif that automatically runs the "slideshow." We set the slide change rate at 1500 mls. We download the .gif file and then upload it to Google Drive, get the "shareable link", then paste the "shareable link into another browser window. The last step is to get the .gif embed code from Google. Now, just create a mockup of their page embedding the .gif file. You end up with a very accurate representation of their current site and then you apply the magic just below their site on your custom page.

We take the snapshot of their mast banner and embed a similar type Matterport tour (usually from Matterport's site) and put it on autoplay=1. We tell them this is your current platform (pointing to the .gif) and this is what your website could look like if you hire us to create amazing Matterport tours for you. Let me tell you, each prospect is amazed and impressed by actually seeing the difference. It has helped us to land some big players here in South America. I'm sure it will work for you as well. Enjoy! See an example below.

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Networker

My brain is about to burst with all three of your GREAT ideas.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Awwww shucks, Dan! ;c) I hope they help the community. I've learned so many great things as a member of this forum. MUG is the GREATEST group of professionals sharing information I have ever had the privilege of being a part of.

David
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Concerning 360 views - you can link to them with Mattertags! Concerning them being confusing - I totally hear you! I have been begging Matterport to place a very clear 'BACK' button on screen! When I didn't realize you could return by clicking the stick figure icon!!!

As this is a potential future feature, I would suggest scanning as if it's here today!

@Networker Mini Shoot meaning free exteriors (curb appeal, yard, pool) and a few inside shots. If it wins me a client, I will do free basic photos!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 Thanks for the explanation! I see. Nice touch.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?