Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearNewbiesVirtual Reality

Newbie - Changing the start point in VR4628

BobbyG private msg quote post Address this user
Hello

Two Questions:

My first scan in a model is a basement room.
It is the start point in vr, but I don't want this.

My start point for the regular tour is the front door
which was 15 scans later. I chose this point in workshop editor.

How can we change start point for the headset?
Sorry if this is a newbie question.

And I'm missing a walk through point. I get trapped.
Help!

Suggestions welcome and thanks!
Bobby
Post 1 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Bobby,

Changing the start point should be a simple as updating the starting point in the workshop. On the getting stuck, be sure that a window marker has not been placed (or extended) over a doorway. If so, you can see the scan point, but you get bounced back when you try to access it. Or, you have placed a scan point out of the line of sight of a previous scan.

Also, it helps to place a link to the tour in your post as it helps us to diagnose the issue better. Hope this helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@BobbyG

You know you have a scan point but cannot pass through the door?

You can go into workshop and use the pull down menu to enter mesh mode. You can usually find the source of the problem.

Look into the capture app and make sure everything is marked correctly. It could be the door is marked as window, mirror in another area not marked properly.

Or do the easy way, in capture app, use the trim tool. First make a copy of model so you have original data still there. Put a trim line on each side of doorway with the arrows facing each other. You will have to re upload the model. This is the way I fix the problem.

I would like to see the tour also to correctly diagnose the problem but for what you described, I answered from my experience. It usually happens when you scan outside and try to go back inside.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101635 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?