Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

MP Camera + Bluetooth GPS Dongle ?4626

JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I see that for publishing to GSV our MP cameras would need to have the ability to geotag images.

One possible solution for MP would be to make use of a portable Bluetooth GPS unit. I still have an old Garmin GPS10X and it would be wonderful if it could be paired with the camera.

Think it's discontinued, but let us hope they have a similar option in the pipeline, :-)
Post 1 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think GPS will be built into the new MP camera?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I think the new version of the MP camera would have GPS. It would be nice if it had self leveling and maybe somewhere to hold a drink.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I believe a new version will have, as it is needed for the camera to be GSV certified, but would love it they could tweak the current firmware to allow a portable Bluetooth GPS unit. I believe it would not be that difficult to achieve,
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Radie842 The Matterport Pro camera has auto-levelling on 3D Tours within, I believe 15 degrees. Matterport calculates the stability index (I believe) and positions the panos in the 3D Tour with the adjustment in place (yaw?). It would still be nice to have self leveling, or a bubble level built into a future camera.

For now, I've seen many people using the:
Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level for Tripod 3/8" Stud

I think it would be nice if the capture app were able to detect if the camera wasn't level and provide a warning. I'm not sure if it is capable of determining this - and if it were, I suspect it would take additional processing power -- thus take extra time and waste extra battery power.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101646 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?