Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 676 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,250 Page Views | 18,448 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearGoogle CardboardMatterport AppVirtual Reality

Virtual Reality Run Around to get app again4618

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone having issues with the Matterport Virtual Reality link? The clients are using a Gear VR Box and clicking Google Cardboard for VR as the choice to view in VR. This worked for the client earlier this year with no issues.

Now, the client tries to use the Virtual Reality link I have enabled and again are asked to choose Google Cardboard or Oculus. When selecting Google Cardboard, the client is forced to Google play to see the google cardboard app that is already installed No updates necessary.

When "Open" is selected on the app, they are taken to a "gallery", "recently viewed" and "shared with me" The property is not available for showing.

It seems like the information for the VT they want to see is getting dropped when forced to Google Play and does not carry over to the Matterport App.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue with VR?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

Yes. Thursday night. I thought it was just me getting some crazy, unexpected messages while trying to run the Matterport VR cardboard app at a VR Meetup. I have not had time to trouble-shoot.

Can you reach out to Matterport Support and report back?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
I´ve seen issues with opening the VR link when viewing from the gmail app on samsung S6. When selecting Gear VR it redirects to play store, however if I open the link in the native browser rather than directly from gmail app it´s fine and opens on the gear VR.

Maybe ask your client for a bit more troubleshooting details, if possible see if they can try copy pasting the link into the default internet browser on their phone ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I sat with the client and the issue came straight from the website on an S4 smartphone. I tried the same with my S6. Both phones got cycled into get the Matterport app with no tour showing up on the app.

Tried it again this morning on my phone and it worked fine. Called up my agent, just got a text saying it works. Went straight to the Matterport App with the tour.

I'm taking a guess that someone at Matterport came across the issue posted here and fixed the bug after this posting. I didn't get around to submitting a ticket.

@DanSmigrod, do you want to give it a try again on a smartphone clicking on the VR Goggles in the tour on Chrome or Firefox to see if it's all good on your end?
Post 4 IP   flag post
101438 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?