Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCapture 2.x

Captured Ipad Data458

al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone managed to access the data stored on the ipad?

I transferred the data to a PC last year, but could not find a single program that could read the data.

Would be much easier when scanning to preview the 360 photos before uploading than to retake a scan just to be sure when someone is in shot of the camera, which happens a lot in public spaces.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
No idea how to help you with that, but I'd love to know how you transferred the data to a PC.
Post 2 IP   flag post
There are several free apps to browse your iPad from your PC via USB or WiFi. From there you just copy the folders across.

Would be nice to store some of the scans on a separate hard drive and restore them on the iPad when needed. Not a great deal of storage space for more than a few models and would be good to be able to go back to old scans for editing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@al9901 @JohnBecker

Why you do not want to delete models - and then attempt to restore. Here is a workaround for archiving 3D Showcase models.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/96/why-you-do-not-want-to-delete-3d-models/

Geek Alert: think of models as train cars that need a specific engine and caboose train cars.

If you remove train cars and place them back on the railroad tracks, the engine and caboose will be different and the train will not run.

Please prove me wrong that there is as easy and faster was to archive. please test the restore too.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
I dont necessarily want to change old models, just have a backup in case of disaster. Also for scans of hotels and restaurants that remodel or improve rooms or to capture a special event, it would save so much time and hassle for both of us if the scan could be loaded back to the iPad and delete the old points
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@al9901 the acrchive process I outlined is best for your needs.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101428 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?