Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,048 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

One Matterport like company 3dnest.cn4577

WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Hello friends,

Today one Matterport like company 3dnest.cn in China just got his pre-A funding at a valuation of more than 14 million USD.
clickable text

Here is 3dnest's CEO with their camera.

The real compete is coming! Matterport should be worried now.

JuMP team from China
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I thought the photo was a MP camera, but it's not. I can't read their web site, but their virtual tour looks quite good.
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing says you made it better, than getting ripped off by the Chinese.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if a major lawsuit is in order....
Post 4 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Very impressed. Nice tour.

Lawsuit? I'm as stupid as stupid can be, but with how FAST technology is being created I can't imagine that being a strategy. By the time anything was solved the technology will be sitting next to Windows 95.

Below is a screen shot of a 3D Tour in front of a mirror. WHERE IS THE CAMERA??

I'd like to investigate a little more for sure. Would LOVE to see what their price point is, service, etc.

This is really exciting. It is absolutely INCREDIBLE what is happening in the 3D/Virtual world.

The number one question Realtors have when it comes to marketing is, "How do I distinguish myself from other Realtors?"

With all the new visual/virtual items on the market that Realtors don't even KNOW about yet, it's SUPER easy to make the distinction.

Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all this is the company behind the camera.
Zhongqi (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd

Is a high-tech company focused on virtual reality 3D Internet technology, founded in 2014, office in Beijing Zhongguancun, by a few in the 3D field has more than 10 years of experience in the development of Ph.D., PhD and master's degree, the main members from Huawei, Thomson, Ocean and other well-known high-tech companies.

We have a completely self-developed world of cutting-edge Internet virtual reality technology, to provide customers with an end-to-end 3D virtual reality content cloud platform, the use of our cutting-edge algorithm technology and cloud platform people can quickly build, modify, browse, share yourself 100% real 3D living space, the real realization of the Internet 3D.

The company has received investment from Tsinghua University and well-known investment institutions and has won the first prize of "2015 National Mobile Internet Innovation Competition" sponsored by Ministry of Industry and is currently the development of high-speed period, hope to participate in the next generation of Internet development partners can Join us to create a challenging and interesting business.
Post 6 IP   flag post
They even have hotpoints within their model as well as playing music when you launch a model. In addition they give the service provider the ability to remove the camera from the mirror, something that's been requested from MP for 2 1/2 years. I wonder what other enhancements they've provided.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I didn't notice any option for the floor to floor transition option.
Post 8 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Makes me wonder if any of their team is on this forum and how long Matterport has known about this.

I'd love to see someone request 'X' service from Matterport on this forum and the next thing you know ChinaPort has added it to their service...AND MAKES THE ANNOUNCEMENT HERE.

"We heard someone request X. Well, ChinaPort is excited to announce that X will be available in 2 weeks!"

I LOVE competition!

Ok...gotta go to work now. Fun time is over.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Does this new company allow you the privilege of owning your own work?

But in all seriousness, nice to see some genuine competition on the horizon. Even if their reach stays confined to China because of the Chinese governnent's strict tech rules, that's a hell of a market.

Zhongqi, are you the mystery visitors from Beijing our site gets every day or is it you guys at JuMP? Whoever it is, you're welcome! All the dev is happening on a sub domain though so not much to see right now...
Post 10 IP   flag post
A quick video on the operation of the camera
http://www.3dnest.cn/videos/jszc.mp4
Post 11 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
I am all for competition. But honestly when looking at the tour it throws me back to the time when I did my first MP tours.

I can see yellow rings on the walls. Matter fact the whole tour is kind of yellow.

While I noticed that MP latest change made all the ceiling way to white. From a photographic standpoint it looks atificial and I do not like it either but prefer it over yellow.

I would prefer to be able to set my own white balance and have more access to the settings in general.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl agreed. A white balance feature is and has been on wish list for a while.

As is a legit way to remove reflections and add Pokemon
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@GarySnyder I want to correct your post that the company's name is ZhongQu not Zhongqi.
I already knew this company more than two years.

@Baxter Currently JuMP team has no relationship with ZhongQu.
The only same point between us is we both located in Beijing China.
Do you want to host your work by yourself?
It can be done, but you must break the TOS of Matterport.
And here is the POF http://www.iit3d.com/JuMP/V02/index.html?id=poc0001&hs=1

I post the news here just want to notice Matterport: ZhongQu was there for more than two years and he got money now and can catch up soon, there is not much time for Matterport to setup his leadership in China area.

Matterport is no doubt the leader in 3D showcase area.
But Matterport can't stop others to keep studying and researching.
The black magic of PrimeSense is not that black like 7 years ago.
BTW Matterport didn't pay much attention on how to protect data or code.

So it could be copied and replaced sooner or later by some one who will really take care about their customers but not to slave them.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@JuMP Thanks for getting back to us. Do you know the price of the camera as well as availability. Also it looks like their equivalent to Workshop allows the user to hide the camera in mirrors as well as placing hotspots. Is there anything else that a uses can do with their software applications. Can we or our clients also host the model.

Thanks again for keeping us updated on 3DNest
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JuMP Great post. Your platform did help to establish the benefits of the showcase platform as even very talented developers line yourself are unlikely able to replicate the entire experience, however, it demonstrates that Matterport needs to continue to add value and stay ahead of everyone else!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@jump, I tried the link but there's no navigation, just a still 360 image. Something I'm doing wrong?
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@GarySnyder One of our client talked with 3dnest at Nov.2016.
The reply was they didn't sell camera at that time and only provided scan services at RMB60.00 per sqm.
That was totally not a competetor of Matterport with that high price at that time.

But now with new big investment I don't know what will happen then.

About the data hosting: currenlty the data format that Matterport or 3Dnest used can't support self hosting.
The self hosting is not only the data but also the showcase system.
If Matterport allow you host your data on your server, they must provide the showcase player code to you also.
For example: You need Acrobat reader to open PDF. But without a password protection you can open anyone's PDF.

The data format Matterport or 3Dnest used now don't have any copyright control (or password protection) so that if Matterport provide the showcase player to you that equals to give all data to you together.
There must be equiped with copyright control (or password protection) before Matterport or 3Dnest can provide showcase player to you.

The data format used in our POF was equiped with password protection already.
Your showcase player can't play others showcase content. Each showcase in our POF can have different protection code and different password.

@Tette99 would you please use Chrome under Windows system to try it?
Post 18 IP   flag post
I used chrome under windows but is getting a funky navigation. I.e. Distance measurement, dollhouse within a scene, etc... I also PM you.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Tette99 My POF JuMP player isn't like Matterport's showcase. There are lots of different and ehancement related to functions and experience.
You can try to find them.
I think I can list more than ten at least.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@JuMP I like the fact that you've achieved this. However, I have no need to self-host personally. I think Matterport's hosting and delivery of content is fantastic and well worth the monthly costs. Despite what some of my posts may portray, I actually LOVE Matterport's tech and admire their achievements hugely. My only issue is with not owning the content I produce. Way less than 1% of the world's infrastrucrure has been captured in 3D so far so if an alternative comes around as good as Matterport (like 3DNest for example) that allows you to own the content you produce, the tide could possibly change.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Baxter you can own all your contents you produced already with MP.
Email me, I can tell you how to do it. I mean all of them.
[Private Message Me]

You can keep the TOS with Matterport now.
All the backup data would be used only in case of some disaster happened.
And we can provide the data convertion services when some day Matterport could not provide the hosting services.
At that time your data will be usable still.

Does it like an insurance? We may think about the business model about it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@JuMP I'm not a big fan of breaking rules or laws and morals are a big thing for me. Would have been a policeman but it's too corrupt.

Having said that, it would be interesting to understand more about what you're doing and what situation you think would allow your service to work without breaking any rules.

谢谢
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Baxter You are welcome, 不客气
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
There some words in TOS of Matterport, they don't allow users to backup any data.
But can Matterport guaranty all our data on their AWS server are absolute safe?
Can Amazon guaranty that?

If "NO" let us keep them by ourselves.

If "YES" that is fine.
In case of data losing how much Matterport or Amazon will pay for that?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Interesting point. But it's actually quite a risk to own all of the content that we produce. They become liable if all the models go offline and affect businesses incomes. Thinking further down the line when 3D really becomes massive.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Baxter Backup our data do not means we stop using Matterport's hosting.
We can use it as usual.
Backup is in case of something out of Matterport's control.

If you don't have a backup, if something happened someday(eg. "WannaCry" ), you can only get "Sorry" from Matterport.
How about your business and your client's business? What can you say (or pay) to them?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JuMP When I provided my tool, MatterXport to forum, it was not long before I had a personal relationship with Matterport. Matterport are protective of the content that their system produces for many reasons, one being that the quality at that time was modest and has since improved. I believe that there are some milestones that Matterport want to achieve before people start downloading their panos. The launch of the Google Street View publishing platform will, in my opinion, be the moment they Matterport also allows panoramas to be exported. After all, you can export from Street view using many that do not violate Google's TOS.

I, like @baxter am eager to use my content on many different ways and can be impatient with Matterport. What I have found, though, is that Matterport deliver the features we want, although perhaps not on our ideal time schedule.

Matterport could not have possibly picked a better time to support Google Street View and I believe they were well aware of what they would be able to offer. They needed to wait for an API and for Google to support 3D data. When third parties like myself started offering conversion, they quickly swept in to talk to us. Matterport did share their vision with me, however I maintained that waiting meant huge loss of potential revenue​ for MSPs who want street view today.

For what it's worth, the cost of self publishing or using a third party is more costly than what Matterport intend to charge as a 'modest fee' and ickiest 3d geometry. One would be clinically insane to want to self publish after they roll out their platform. Every tour I have published will be republished using their system.

The other potential use for panos that we discuss is posting to Facebook. I think this is neat, but I don't want people to experience a single pano... I want them to experience the whole tour. As shown at gsv summit, Matterport is now generating video previews which seem to be an appropriate thumbnail replacement for Facebook to lead people to experience a proper tour with Showcase.

Matterport is a 3d camera company and they seem to have taken a pretty strong stance on not becoming a one shot pano device. Like Apple, they tend to leave people hanging until the feature make sense, works right and can be delivered at the right time.

The time is now IMHO. I would be pretty optimistic about Matterport fulfilling all sane requests that we have had. Maybe not the furniture planner and space designer though... That's still Bigfoot afaik.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
BTW - I typed that last post on my mobile phone while scanning Forgive the typos.

ickiest = include for instance.
Post 29 IP   flag post
101588 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?