Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbiesTricks

Colour Grading/Correcting Scans457

JulianHowardCT private msg quote post Address this user
As a newbie I'm just gonna throw this out there:
Is it possible to brighten, darken or white balance the pictures within a scan, ie. by opening them in Photoshop? I'm definitely not talking about any kind of 'manipulation'; nothing more than a simple white balance or lighting improvement. Basic stuff.
At the moment I know you can isolate JPGs within each scan, by downloading the OBJECT file directly from my.matterport.com. Looking at them, it appears they are texture maps, made up of a bunch of composite shots all piled into the one image. I guess it would be possible to highlight each section in the texture and colour correct each area separately. It seems too complex, but thought I would ask just the same.
I am wondering if anyone has taken the time to try this yet? If so, were you able to replace the OBJECT file back into your my.matterport.com account?

Cheers, everyone!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Nope sorry. Check back again in a year
Post 2 IP   flag post
objekt360 private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, would be nice!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@objekt360 Thanks. As far as applying this correct snapshot back into the 3d walk-through though, I don't think I can use it.
Yes it would be perfect.

Anyone want to sit down and write the code for it? Ill buy you a case of beer?
Post 4 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
Once the API is here, we will be able to do many cool things with the showcase.

The purpose of an iframe is to take content from another site, directly, with no alteration. Unfortunately that means that it only receives output, there's no way of talking to the iframe unless it is on the same domain, which only Matterport have rights to change.

I did look a few weeks ago at the code and found that Matterport have an API for their own use. I have also applied for the API beta, which should be in a few months. If you search on the MP site you should be able to find the form.

What you could do is import the OBJ with the jpg and mtl files to a CAD program, then edit the jpg in photoshop and export the OBJ to sketchfab. You wouldn't get the photoshowcase, but it would have the model and you could make a guided tour with that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CleanMyScan private msg quote post Address this user
We at CleanMyScan have been able to manipulate the 3d scan data. For example cleaning textures, making a single texture file and changing mesh separating floors of the scans and reducing mesh sizes, removing roofs. We spent the last month playing with matterport scans and finally worked out workflows for all these.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@CleanMyScan

Are the resultant models uploaded again to Matterport?
Post 7 IP   flag post
The resultant files are obj only we could upload to sketchfab. We didn't have access to matterport viewer to test.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The 3D scan data you are talking about is the OBJ file, which is universally accepted by all major 3D suites. I thought you meant that you could manipulate the scan data.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yes that's what I meant too we can manipulate the scan data. Add Delete all of that
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Matterport is now accepting signups for the Matterport Developer Program.

Worth noting on the sign-up form:

"Are you around or able to travel to Silicon Valley for an extended period of time? (not required)"

If you have API/SDK "Wish List" items, please see this Forum thread.

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
@al9901 We managed to get the 3d model up in Blender, but as we aren't well versed in 3d knowledge here, we kind of gave up after that. What I was hoping for, was being able to edit the walkthrough, but it looks like it might be a step or two away at this stage. Thanks for information though

@DanSmigrod very interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@JulianHowardCT Haven't used Blender, but it only took me a few weeks to get the hang of 3DSMax 2015. You will need a beefy PC, other than that, you just slice off the roof, reduce the mesh density, delete unwanted sections etc.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@al9901 Blender is freeware, but still pretty good from all reports. Sounds like more work than what the product is potential worth to sell.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101424 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?