3D, VR and 360° Photographers  |  Real Estate Agents  |  3rd Party Service Providers
Need a 3D/VR/360°/Drone Photographer? 2,839 We Get Around Network Members in 98 Countries! Ask For FREE referral!
We Get Around Network Forum
3D Printing

3D printing from Matterport Spaces 3D Tour4562

BrettMtn private msg quote post Address this user
Had a client ask me if it was possible to make a 3-D printed model of a home from a matterport scan (with furniture removed). Has anyone done anything like this?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Yes you can. You will need the OBJ File for that. Give it to your 3D printing company. You will have to renedr it in some CAD software. Just a tip , make sure the base is thick but not too just a couple of millimeters. Also dont use a model with outside scans with plants etc, they dont print well. But must say it really looked cool and the client was impressed.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
BrettMtn private msg quote post Address this user
@gerhard thank you for confirming that this is possible. Can I ask what the approximate cost wise for making the 3-D model? i've never used a 3-D printer so I don't even know what kind of ballpark cost I am looking at. Also, does the OBJ file open in CAD or does it need to be converted Somehow? Thanks for your help!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
tomasdunbar private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard have you printed a model before? Can you show us a picture?

I am very interested in this as well. Would be a great option to offer architects.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
34492 4 4
destitute