Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
With everything that has come out this week...how are you all wrapping it up and showing/announcing to current clients and prospects about all the new services you can offer?
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@srennick, considering that the news is that the Street View service will be available during the "summer" and there is no pricing yet, I am not telling anyone about it.

I think that the announcement was incomplete to say the least. I was hoping for more details. After all how difficult could be to announce a pricing scheme?
Post 2 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess you would have to have the code written and ready to start with
Post 3 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@srennick @jfantin

I was excited at first until I read about beta is free and afterwards there will be a charge for this service. I would be happy if they would say it is going to be $x to post x amount of scans. I think it would be very helpful to know this info upfront.

Didn't VR cost something at first and then they keep running specials for free conversions? I guess it is like the camera pricing!

@benn1973

It was done last year by @metroplex360 as a third party service. Matterport shut it down, so there is no code that needs to be written.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv , worrisome thought. VR would be free through June. Maybe Matterport collpses the freebies this summer and start sucking us dry to humor their investors for multiple add on's.

Service oriented photographers like you and I push into the game of add on's that won't seem to bother the outsourcing leaches entering our markets with cheap base prices and add on for every bit thereafter.

We raise our prices for packages or base + add on's. These guys kill us at the base and make up in add on's.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Paying Matterport for Google to have your 3D content for free is insanity.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Baxter

I do not plan paying for this service unless it is a nice profit for myself. I haven't verified any addresses for the realtor.com thing because I still haven't been able to answer the question of what happens next time that house goes on market? Do they have a cached version that pops back up?

I am like you in the sense I am not going to break my back for them for free or little pay.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@VTLV

The funny thing about VR is I have never pushed it, talked about it or seen it! My clients don't care and neither do I. They didn't sell any conversions because people don't care or see any value in it. I am sure it is cool but no even close to mainstream.

I am waiting to see how low the "sale" goes down to. I bet it will be down to at least $3000 by the end of year. It is sad that Matterport would make a great product and discount it to death. I agree with you that people who pay $3000 will kill us on basic packages.

I think GSV will be an easy upsell if they keep it reasonable. What business wouldn't want their business displayed like that? I am not doing it for free because I am sure if I deleted that space, the scan would still be on GSV! That is my same concern about the realtor.com deal. After that house sells, what really happens? It could be years before anyone knows and by then we have all verified hundreds of addresses.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I want to clarify something. Matterport have written extensive code to not only stich the panos bit upload and position them using Google's API. In addition, as documented on the new marketing pieces, 3D data will also be submitted in the format that Google will be using.

This goes way beyond my white glove service wherein I was manually doing all of this and spending several hours doing it.

In addition, you should be able to update your tours and manage them.

Matterport had stated that they will charge a nominal fee.

I still sell Google Street View and Matterport on my website without specifying how I fulfill either. I am looking forward to never having to spend hours building gsv tours much like how Matterport took away my need to post process and build custom panorama tours
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hopefully they have already overcome this before the GSV in Tokyo and announcing they are going to allow it. I wouldn't think they would do it backwards, but I guess you never know!

How much do you think they are going to charge for this service?
Post 10 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
Are the street view tours going to be like a standard tour or just 360 pano views linked together? The video they put out looks like they can be our standard tours. This would give us a huge advantage over those who just link 360 spheres.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@3SixtyNow Google has stated that Matterport is VR Ready Street View, which means that it is panoramas + 3D. And yes, it gives you a huge advantage over every other camera system. Tech Crunch also made this assertion that Matterport is the only currently available camera that can do this.

Start advertising Google Street View VR Ready powered by Matterport. And explain to your clients that only Matterport offers this.

We win!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360

Do they still call you a Google certified photographer after 50 panos or tours in our instance or have they stopped doing that?
Post 13 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Metroplex360. I just read their faq sheet that was updated yesterday. I was excited to see that existing spaces created within the last year can be published.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user

Has this been posted on the forum yet?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@GlennTremain GREAT VIDEO! Do you guys remember the 'Spa at Galgorm' tour that one of our members posted to the forums here? Super excited to see that tour used as the dominant example!

@JustinV I am grandfathered as a trusted photographer ... and honestly, I don't even know what the certification does for me anymore...
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360

I was going to get some t-shirts made and wanted to put that logo on it too. I just don't want to put it on of I am not really one!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@justinv my understanding is that there is still that distinction between the Trusted Photographers and those that haven´t received their certification.

But, as soon as you upload a certain number of panos to the system you autimatically receive the certification.

Anyway, nowadays there is no difference between ones and the others because there are no exclusive features or anything like that. Anybody can upload a tour to GSV.

You rather call yourself an MSP amd that would mean something to your customer if you are able to find advantages in using Matterport from the customer's perspective.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@jfantin

I just want to use the logo but I don't want to just download it without actually being one.

Ironically, I started about a year ago and received blank stares when I mentioned Matterport. So, I don't even mention that anymore because back then no one knew what Matterport was. I started saying it is like Google street view for houses. I found that worked well for me. I figure they are going to see Matterport on the tour, so I will leave it to Matterport to spread their name.

When we can place our tours on GSV, I will have the logo in place. I plan to advertise to businesses and I feel it cannot hurt. I guess I need to buy an instair or whatever it is called and get certified even though it means nothing.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Having the logo certainly doesn´t hurt. I have it in the back of my business card together with the MSP logo.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see the Google Certified Photographer being pushed to sign up anymore.

They seem to be encouraging Google Local Guides. It used to be 4 tiers of photo upload goals with, but looks like they added a 5th tier now.

Doubt anybody cares what tier you are. So for now sign up as a Google "Local Guide" with a goal of uploading at least one photo for about 150 different locations and try to write some short review on 50 of the ones you visited to help you get 200 points.

My understanding is after 100 points, you get an ok to use the "Google Local Guide" badge. Then at Tier 4, you get an invite to use the Street View Trusted Badge.

It's tough to be somewhere like a restaurant and remember to snap off a 360 or a couple stills and upload them. Here's a How To.

Someone could narc you off But who really knows all this? Some of your competition, maybe.

Good Luck!
Post 21 IP   flag post
@VTLV

My phone always ask me to take pictures when out in public. My wife hates it when I am trying to take pictures while we are walking through Costco! I am already a local guide but I think I am almost to level 3. Maybe I should go that route and just use itwhen I hit level 4. I might buy a 360 camera to help me get there quicker.

I just wonder how much you can charge a business for GSV upgrade? I will do a business price and have the charge included. I can imagine people saying you charge that for the scan and that to put it on google!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
So, for what it is worth, The opening Dollhouse and subsequent Grocery Store views are a tour I shot for California Fresh Market in San Luis Obispo, CA! I am currently shooting another of their stores in Solvang, Ca and soon a third in Pismo Beach, CA. They are all about this exciting technology and we are working together to create an online experience no-one else in the grocery industry has seen. it can be viewed on their website www.californiafreshmarket.com
Post 23 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Way to go @Lizzg! Can't wait to see .. is the model on their website?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Hey @lisahinson,

Yes, it's on the market website, haven't seen it on the MP ste yet.
Post 25 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
I just looked WOW @Lizzg How many scans? How long did it take?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
340 scans, 3 visits and some help from MP support on an alignment issue up front. It was hard to connect each visit because stuff got moved.
Post 27 IP   flag post
101635 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?