Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugProblemsScanningScans

Stray Floating Scan Point Icon in pano View4462

3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Did I miss something? I haven't been doing too many 360 scans in a while, but I did a bunch yesterday because the father was great and this property was beautiful! But I have noticed something strange about every one of my 360 panos from this scan. There appears to be a floating scan spot icon in the pano view up in the sky in the same spot on each scan in workshop.

I haven't published yet, so I don't know if this is just an issue in workshop or if it will look this way on the live showcase. (I'll let you know) but I just wanted to see if it is only an issue with new scans, if it shows up on anyone's legacy scans, or if it is just a fluke affecting my single scan.

I also wonder if there is any connection between it and the GSV summit this weekend. Just floating that out there (pun intended)

I'll be tied up most of the day, but I just wanted to throw that out there and see so that if it does show up and the client asks, I will know what to tell them (that is one big benefit of being part of this community!!!)

God Bless,
Chris

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ArtisticConcepts

I wonder if that's because the scan was shot in sunlight so Matterport is confused about where to place that circle.

If you post the tour to the Forum, we can "stand" in that spot to see if the sunlight was viewable by the Camera.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
I'm still working on it in workshop, but here is the tour

Post 3 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
o.k. this is strange, I can't find the public/private toggle in the backend? Did MP Move it? I'm feeling like Alice in Wonderland at the moment.

Edit: Nevermind. It is now called "Sharing"
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing there when I go into your tour. Did you happen to have an alignment error while scanning that may have been placed in a scan spot in an odd place?

I haven't been too thrilled with the mind games in our Showcase editor....

So I decide to click a little more to check out the balcony before I hit the reply button on here and get a weird Dollhouse crossed with the boat dock sucking me in like an 80's space movie.

So I flee out to the grass 360 to escape and I see your UFO Circle up in the sky. I click a couple more 360's and see it again, and again; up to the right out in the distance. It disappears each time before I can click on it.

I go inside to get away and it's not there. I feel safe. I go back out to make friends in the 360's and everything is fine again. No UFO's

Now I feel like one of those weirdos on Unsolved Mysteries.

Thanks. No nap for me. We're possessed! lol.
Post 5 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not kidding. That story is 100% true!!!

That tour was filmed on some kind of sacred ground. I suggest having someone come out and bless it.

The circular disk I was seeing was blue with a blue dot in the middle if that helps with the investigation.

Now I'm gonna have flashbacks of this story with another sleepless night.
Post 7 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
We will wipe your memories and it will all be forgotten.

Just look at this pen...
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?