Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Cloud Processing Fixed.4402

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Support Writes...

---
I just wanted to let you all know I was recently notified about the fix that was pushed out late this afternoon/early evening. It does take about 24hrs for the code to be picked up by all the processing engines running and processing your model data. For that reason, you should not re-upload any model data until about 6pm PST 4/25.

I would like to take this time in order to build the list of models that will need to be reprocessed. Please let me know with a quick reply here if you would like all your Spaces from the past two weeks or so reprocessed. I'll put together a spreadsheet with all the ID's within that timeframe so you don't have to pick out each Space one at a time and have them reprocessed using the updated engines.

All in favor, please say, "I"
----

There you have it. In the meantime, let's see if Matterport will issue an official statement concerning our existing tours and whether or not there will be an initiative to automatically rebuild and replace our affected tours.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully with the same url
Post 2 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Don´t think so ..:

Therefore MP should really offer a benefit for us to ease this pain e.g. 3 month free hosting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@mori I'm gunning for free cloud processing for life!
Post 4 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
What did I miss @Metroplex360? Is this why I am flying through walls to get to outside scans?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to hear this issue will finally be addressed!

Has anyone reprocessed a model yet who can confirm the fix is in? I'm wondering if it's crucial to wait until 6pm PST or if we're okay to upload new models now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

I would wait the full 24 hours to let the fix populate all servers.

Matterport has not addressed the issues of:

1. keeping existing SnapShots
2. keeping existing highlights reel
3. keeping existing MatterTags
4. Etc.

I would imagine that anyone that complains via support@matterport.com will get some compensation.

Just me sayin' ... doesn't mean it will happen.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by srennick
What did I miss @Metroplex360? Is this why I am flying through walls to get to outside scans?

That sounds like something different all together! Would you like to start a new topic and post this tour? This is the first time I have heard of this! Window markers will prevent this but will may also flatten the mesh beyond the window. Trial and error!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
That happens if you've scanned a room with the doors closed, and open the door when you get closer in order to move outside. I do so when scanning for AEC projects, when I need 3D data from both the doors closed and open.

If you click to move outside from here you'll see it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@DannyBasting That happens to me almost everytime I scan outdoors. If you use the trim tool on both sides of the door with arrows facing toward each other, it should fix that. I always know when I know there should be scan points and you cannot see them or they are incomplete circles. I am not sure how you use the scans, so this might not work for your application. I know you do some cool things with it but it is a little above my head!

Did the update fix anyone's tours? Mine are exactly the same but I didn't have too much like some other people. The only place mine is messed up is two beveled mirrors in the bathroom.I took someone advice to scan extra and hide the ones that are bad. I will reupload and see what happens?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv I do think the update was successful.

The last couple models I uploaded last night are 1000% better than those of a few days ago.

Even a model I reprocessed has a MAJOR improvement:

Before fix:

After fix:

Not sure how noticeable the difference is when the images are small. When they are large images the difference is striking.
Post 11 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I reprocessed a model and while most of the problems were solved, I found this:

And this is something that I haven´t seen before

Do you think that this is something related to the problem we have been talking about or is it something different?

I also noticed some minor alignment errors but they are in places where I was certainly close to a door so perhaps it is just my fault.

Anyway, any comment will be appreciated.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Matterport Newsletter sent Wednesday, 26 April 2017.

Dan

Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@jfantin I would send this over to support. Resubmit the model one more time for good measure... the problem you are showing -is- indeed nibbling.

--

Matterport have done a great job in addressing the issue.

I do know that in speaking with support, leadership at Matterport was not fully aware of the magnitude of this issue until forum members became vocal. To state that Matterport take these issues very seriously is truly a professional understatement on their part. They want your models to look amazing too!
Post 14 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I had to submit mine to support to see if they can resolve it. I processed it several times with no luck.

It is weird because this scan was for a house already under contract. I guess the realtor is trying to be the builders go to realtor?
Post 15 IP   flag post
101429 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?