Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceStrategy

Tracking Web Traffic440

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if there's a way we can track how many views our models get?

I suppose if we have it embedded in a web page with some traffic counters there that would at least give an idea of how many viewed the page itself, but it would be nice to know how many actually open the embedded showcase, or if it's on its own page how many views it is getting.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@tim @marcel
These guys have a nice setup that could help
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @Queen_City_3D! Are you aware of the (WordPress) WP3D Models Plugin? This is something I developed to assist us Matterport photographers and includes a number of benefits/features, including a way to track web traffic to each of your models.

Here's a full list of the features and please reach out to me if you have any specific questions.

Oh...and if you don't have a WordPress-based site, many users are building a "gallery" or "portfolio" site to supplement an existing website or web presence.

Here's an example of how Dan (MUG Founder) is using this solution to meet his needs:
http://gallery.we-get-around.com

Thanks in advance,

Ross
Post 3 IP   flag post
And @rpetersn as well
Didn't realise the plugin was up and running now. Excellent
Post 4 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Just checking this thread to talk about how unbelievable it is that Matterport's Showcase 2.0 STILL doesn't support tracking.

And I'm hoping that @rpetersen will be able to get his plugin to keep working with Showcase 2.0! It's such a great addition to my business.

Craig
Post 5 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hey all...

Just chiming in here. Yep....I'll certainly be supporting anything new that I can with Showcase 2.0, as well as everything the plugin already does.

Thanks for the plug @craigsauer!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@rpetersen
Fancy working for matterport
Post 7 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hey guys...

Just a quick note here that my "handle" is @rpetersn not @rpetersen.

@Jamie ....also just clarifying that I don't work for Matterport. Is that what you meant?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@rpetersn

No I meant you should be
Post 9 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@Jamie Ah...gotcha. Yeah...I'd love it if they'd start to include developers into conversations about where they're headed and what changes they are making.

Otherwise, we're just going to forced to react to whatever they do/change. Not a particularly great approach, IMO
Post 10 IP   flag post
No, No it's not. It's a good thing that they can see their limitations by what you are providing. I only hope they take notice and act on it
Post 11 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I am relatively new to the forum and kind of feel like I know you guys since I've read so many of your posts for a while now.

Anyway, I wanted to chime in and mention that you could embed a showcase into a webpage that is essentially just an iframe taking up 100% of the width and height of the browser window. Then use google analytics within the web page that is holding the iframe.

This takes a bit more web savvy but isn't too complicated. Feel free to reach out if you are trying this and need help with any of the code.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@josephthomp Hi! Thanks for your note here.

This is exactly what my WordPress WP3D Models plugin does, without any tech savvy-ness required! It allows us to keep all traffic to these models on our own sites/domains.

Here's a full screen example like you noted (perfect for sharing on your local MLS):

http://wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/slant-street-vacation-rental/?fullscreen

Additionally, the plugin offers a built-in way to allow embedding to your clients so that the traffic routes through your site and records the traffic:

Here's an example of that embed code for the above model:

<div id='wp3d-855'><a href='http://wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/slant-street-vacation-rental/?fullscreen'>LOADING - Slant Street Vacation Rental</a><script src='//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp3dmodels/js/embed-iframe.js?id=wp3d-855'></script></div>

Please let me know if anyone has any questions...

Thx!

Ross Peterson
WP3D Models
Post 13 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn I've seen your plug in previously and just went back to look at it again and it is truly awesome. We are re-building our site and use Wordpress so I may have some questions for you down the line.

Also just voted on your artwork again, great job on that by the way. It's impressive enough as a piece and the Matterport scan takes it to another level when viewing online.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@josephthomp Thanks Joseph...please reach out if you have any questions? Oh...and thanks re: our artwork piece. Fun to try to use this tech in different ways.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?