Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Drops Camera Price to $3,3004396

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
From a related discussion today (Monday, 24 April 2017)...

Hold Off Buying a Matterport Camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Tosolini
Aside from software issues, which will eventually be resolved, it seems to me that it's a good time to buy a new camera, given an extra $300 discount on top of the already reduced $3600 price.

Post 1 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
seriously
Post 2 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
Ya gotta ask ...What's the reason?
Post 3 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwrth13
Ya gotta ask ...What's the reason?

I don't know how to feel about them at this point honestly. What bothers me the most is the fact that they are using us for sales and marketing without pay. Every person I respond to from Matterport inquiry basically asks million questions where I become sales guy explaining and showing how things work just to have them not call me again and go buy the unit themeslf. Now the camera is approaching 3K where I paid 4,500$ not so long ago. I'm thinking of selling the camera.
Post 4 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
I will be interested when it becomes like the old cell phone days - "get a free matterport camera with two year contract". I might be interested then or not.

But thanks to you "Dan" and everyone here for all the valuable feedback and insight into this company. I can only wish I was @metroplex360, I would be all-in with bells on my feet,I'm just not that smart.
Post 5 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
It is called competition.

New cameras coming into the market, more to come in the near future, and when you realize that you are not the only game in town either you start cutting down your prices or you starve to die.

Matterport dropping prices is a sign of times. It happes with all technologies when new alternatives offer similar or comparable services.

We discussed this many times before. Remember the movie "No country for old man", well this is "no market for weak+greedy companies".

You can be greedy, keeping closed your business model, if you are Sony. They did it, it went really bad, but they are still standing because they are Sony. And Apple tried it too, and if it wasn´t for iTunes, iPod and Iphone, their computers would be in a museum by this time because the company would have been bankrupt for more than a decade.

So, unless Matterport has something very big in the oven, I don´t see it as a good news for the Matterport echosystem.

As always, I might be wrong. Business strategy is not science after all.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, sure glad I just bought one.......
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
The NCtech Iris Pro 360 is entering the market soon at USD2899 and it will probably have an integrated ecosystem. This is a serious threat to Matterport.

MP is becoming price competitive in phases. Expect further price drops. A company only discounts it's hardware if they are in an overstock situation or before a newer version is launched. I have refrained from making a purchase as I believe there will be a shakeout in the market over the next few months.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ChrisPowersRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
What is interesting is that my area MatterPort rep offered me an "extra" $100.00 off if I bought by last Friday. Well, that would have put me at $3,500 NOT then new price of $3,300. Hmmm, does anyone know when MP's last hardware update/upgrade was or is it still the original camera with just firm ware updates.

I'm a Realtor and I manage vacation rentals. I've been watching this product for a while and this appears to be a product that is a good fit, but I don't want to be the guy who is thrilled I got the 8 Track system and the BetaMax recorder!

What do you all think is MP's closest competition right now as far as house interiors?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Richierichks

If you bought your Matterport Camera within the last 30 days, ask Support to credit your account for $300 or ask for returning shipping instructions under ...

Matterport Pro 3D Camera Terms and Conditions of Sale

4. Return Policy.

(a) Return Policy for Cameras Without Faults. One time only, You may, at Your expense, return an undamaged Camera to Matterport in the original packaging with the original receipt within 30 days of the date of the original shipment of the Camera to You. If the Camera and original packaging are returned within this timeframe and confirmed by Matterport not to be damaged, Matterport will provide a full refund based upon the original payment method. You cannot return unwanted items after 30 days. The foregoing return right applies only to the first Camera returned by You. In the event You have previously returned a Camera and received a refund from Matterport, subject to those rights set out below regarding Cameras with faults, You will have no subsequent right to return any other Camera without the prior written consent of Matterport, which consent Matterport may grant or withhold in its sole discretion.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ChrisPowersRealtor

Please call your Matterport Rep to see if the buy from the rep price is $3,200 (and please let us know).

(I recall that Matterport also offers Show Specials for $100 off.)

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Do you realize how mediocre is Matterport's marketing strategy?

I cannot believe that this company is doing so many mistakes in such short period of time!

It there was a contest for the worst marketing of all times I am pretty sure they would be in the finals.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Thanks Dan, I'll give them a call. I purchased mine on April 6th.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Richierichks

Great! Please let us know the result.

Also, what letter does the serial number of your camera begin with?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
If last year is anything to go by, the camera will be $600 off in a few months. The way everything is going, I might wait for bigger discounts if I already didn't have one. I have at least made money with mine but I am in process of moving toward video. I will still offer it as a service but I am not pushing it like I use to.

I have received a few good leads from Matterport in the last few months. There have been people asking questions, kicking the tires and being cheap. I had someone ask if we had to do the entire house! I am sure they would have wanted me to pull snapshots off as well for MLS. I reserve those for the cheapest of clients. If someone calls and all about buying one I tell them I do not regret getting one but there are other options with better TOS. I always refer them to this website to see the likes and dislikes.
Post 15 IP   flag post
ChrisPowersRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I just asked my "rep" if I could get the $100 off that they offered last week and got these replies:

Dear Chris,

I am taking over Jorge's role and he told me to reach out to you.

We are offering a discount of $300 on the camera for this week.

How can I help you/do you have any questions?

Best,

Then I asked if that was $300 off of the $3,600 and got this reply:

No, from $3,600 to $3,300.

-Abby

So it's almost like it is "this week's special".
Post 16 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
They have been "on special" since last summer. They might act like it is only a week but it is a permanent sale. Then they will reduce price and then about a month or two later put it back on sale.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPowersRealtor
Hmmm, does anyone know when MP's last hardware update/upgrade was or is it still the original camera with just firm ware updates.

The last major firmware update was 12/7/16 and made a massive leap in image quality

"Improved color handling, greatly reducing yellow patches
Improved performance in LED-heavy conditions, preventing LED banding"

There have been 5 hardware revisions on the Matterport Pro Camera. The original prototype (seen below) -- and then the MC200 that has A, B, C, D and E editions as noted in the serial numbers on the back of the camera.

Each series featured minor changes such as addition of the little LCD screen on the back or, in the latest editions, a 3/8" adaptor vs the 1/4". The 3/8" can be converted back to 1/4 as it's just a tightly inserted conversion -- we removed it by screwing in another piece of equipment and firmly turning and unscrewing it

Post 18 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@DanSmigrod It starts with J.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Based on @Richierichks reply - his serial number begins with "J" - what do you think changed with series F, G, H, I and J?

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod I have two cameras -- mine from September 2015 is C284; my new one is less than two months old and I believe it's an E series (It's kept with a team member). I'm quite curious as to how 5 new revisions exist!

Remember this conversation --
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3374/page/1/a-b-c-ds-of-matterport-camera-serial-numbers/#8
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Do you have the bandwidth to start a new discussion to tease out the differences between E-F-G-H-I-J?

Might be nice to start with photos of the back of the camera?

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod I think this is going to need to be a community effort, Dan, as I don't know anything about the other models beyond what I read on your forum

I do think that this might be sticky-worthy
Post 23 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS

Post 24 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Richierichks I assume that both of these images are of the J model -- one with power on and one with power off.

Here is my C series.

1/4" tripod mount on bottom.

Biggest difference is that mine has a cat.

Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
From the Matterport Hardware upgrade package we can get that there are 3 versions of hardware named "rev_B" "rev_C" and "rev_D".
It is for the CPU board Nitrogen6x (with CPU: iMX6 from NXP(Freescale))

And the driver for RGBD sensor only have one version for PS1080 from PrimeSense.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JuMP I'm interested in more elaboration on this.

Nitrogen6x:
https://boundarydevices.com/product/nitrogen6x-board-imx6-arm-cortex-a9-sbc/

Are you claiming that different Matterports contain different motherboards? If so, I'm interested in learning more about the differences between them. I am not familiar with reports of performance comparisons, but one would believe that this would be the primary difference.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Here is the datasheet of CPU i.MX6Q
http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/data-sheets/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

There is not enough information we can google for that.
You can refer below one:
https://boundarydevices.com/latest-silicon-revision-for-i-mx6/

This post talk about "63010" and "63012" that used for revC;

"63020" was used for revD, but I can't find any information about it. Maybe you can try to find out some thing about it.

And currently no information for revB now.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
I bought mine april 7th so I'm following @Richierichks
Post 29 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Well, I just spoke to Matterport and they have no interest in even crediting my account the $300 discount even after I threatened to return the camera. I even mentioned my concern with the problems that they have been having with scans having holes in them. @NicolasMorency maybe if you call up and try the same tactic it might get their attention.

It just seems that Matterport's agenda is not one that puts a lot of value on the needs of current customers, only on selling as many cameras as possible.

I'm kind of disappointed that this went this way and I'm really worried that I may have invested in technology that is about to be replaced.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101641 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?