Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCameras

Next Version Of Camera?439

seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have information on the next generation of camera and when it may come out?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Nope. Don't think there will be a new one. The mobile device will be the next thing released I'm guessing
Post 2 IP   flag post
PictureThis private msg quote post Address this user
@seanminor;

Hope all is well. Just ordered a camera this week and asked this very question and was told it would be a couple of years before a next gen is released. Like Jamie is saying, i believe the mobile device will be next!

Ash
Post 3 IP   flag post
crullier private msg quote post Address this user
what is this "mobile" device?
Post 4 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
@crullier look up "tango" on google...made by google
Post 5 IP   flag post
crullier private msg quote post Address this user
got it. I am familiar with it. So what, matterport will be going that route?
Post 6 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Here is what Matterport is saying: http://matterport.com/matterport-and-google-atap-project-tango/

Whether they do a phone type product, I think it'd be unlikely but they will want people using the app. I'm not sure if the model is then hosted as it seems to kind of process on the spot and has the quality more like the .obj file?

It will be interesting in what happens when these sensors are put into phones as I don't see Matterport staying the only one able to do the processing as they will most likely not have control over the actual product/firmware capturing the data of all these different branded phones where the data may just be able to be stored on a flash drive or something much like a photographer with a DSLR.

So this may then open up the files for editing and we may have software we can use doing the processing ourselves. If we know one thing, it's that as soon as a technology gets into the smartphone/tablet market there are leaps in the technologies advancement.
Post 7 IP   flag post
svensson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, just confirmed with glenn, no new version of matterport camera will be released. The mobile capture is the next thing they intend to release. For now they want to focus on the firmware and updates on the current camera. Which is a logical step.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101432 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?