Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCV

GeoCV slashes cost of high-quality 3-D home4280

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Inman Connect (6 April 2017) - GeoCV slashes cost of high-quality 3-D home tours

App built for new generation of smartphones
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
would love to see how they will scan a whole house with a smartphone and app, ...

going to take a lot of waving the phone around and trying to capture all, :-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Is this for real. I just checked out the website. It looks very impressive. This is a new bag of hammers. clickable text

Just look at the transitions that can't be real ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Have a look at this presentation : clickable text
Post 4 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
It could be a game changer boet. Those transitions are real and quite comparable to Matterport's walkthrough, dollhouse and floor plan views.

Agents will be all over this tech.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
What will the cost of the new gen phone be? same as Matterport Camera, and it costs the same per model ($20).

Time to scan a space... real time vs claimed time, as well as the hidden costs and fineprint
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
Is this for real. I just checked out the website. It looks very impressive. This is a new bag of hammers. clickable text

Just look at the transitions that can't be real ?

Very nice presentation. I notice quite a bit of discoloration. My thoughts are that the processing is happening on the device and that capture is likely to be taxing on the battery life of the device. Not a big deal -- carry multiple scanning devices.

The lady in the tour is scanning using an interesting motion. The 3D walkthrough aspect demonstrates that there's no HDR going on... the windows are very blown out and there's quite a lot of discoloration in the model.

Very impressive for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
Have a look at this presentation : clickable text

On page 12, they have a picture from a Matterport tour that is not a very fair representation of Matterport.

--

Anyone want to book a tour? There's an option on the site. Would be interesting for someone to book and shoot a Matterport for side by side comparison.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a little GeoCV related question ... why would I book a tour for a platform without any examples online?
Post 8 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Based on the slide deck, it says that it will take about 1 hour per 1000 sqft. As for the quality of the 3D model, I have to agree with Metroplex, there is a lot of discoloration and it does not do a good job of capturing smaller objects such as table legs. For now, I believe that this will be a consumer grade product just as cell phone pics are compared to pro photos.

For comparison, here is an example of a recent Matterport 3D model.

clickable text
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?