Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasGear

Matterport Explosion Proof? 💥4248

3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Received this message from a potential client. For safety, any device that is used in their place of business must meet these requirements:

"(Redacted)'s minimum requirements are it has to be Class1, Division 1, Groups C/D certification. I don't know if you would find this on a label or not, you might have to email the manufacturer. Most electrical devices have to be special made to get this rating. I think it mainly has to be explosion proof and any spark has to be contained."

Does anyone know where I can find documentation of this info? This could potentially be a HUGE client.
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@ArtisticConcepts For a product to be Class1, Division 1, Groups C/D certified to be used around highly explosive environments is a very big deal and quite costly to gain the certification. I doubt very seriously that MP or any 3D camera manufacture has achieved this rating. It was discussed at NCTech but the cost could not justify the expense unless there was a substitution order from a petrochemical manufacture, mining company or some other company that deals in working in these hazardous environments.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thank You @GarySnyder! This potential client actually falls into that category. I have a foot in the door with an opportunity to prove the viability of the service.

I guess we will do a test run outside of the plant. If they are pleased and decide to move forward, how would you recommend persuing a substitution order from the company?
Post 3 IP   flag post
It would be interesting to know what your client does. If they look at the camera and of course it has no certification on it but they allow it on their site anyway this would be an interesting case study so please keep me informed on how it goes. If you like you can PM me the results.

Good luck with your client and I hope all goes well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thank You. I will try to PM you this afternoon.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
I can definitely assure you that the MP camera isn't C1D1 certified. It sounds like a refinery, processing station, ship, or some parts of a drilling rig.
I had to photograph on board a rig once and it had to be while processes were not going on in order to meet the C1D1 requirements for "normal" operations.
There is a chance that without a motor inside, a camera could be considered intrinsically safe because of low voltages and no spark gaps. Of course the facility operator can make calls based on what they see when y'all run a test.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@ArtisticConcepts

Blast Proof camera mentioned during SPAR 3D today (4 April 2017).

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
@DanSmigrod from Matterport?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ArtisticConcepts

No.

It was on a slide by one of the presenters....

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
@DanSmigrod, 👍🏽 gotcha.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?