Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
SPAR3D17

SPAR3D17 Did Matterport says 360º Downloads?4247

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Matterport Business Development Manager Tomer Poran AEC Market Presentation at the SPAR 3D Conference in Houston today (Monday, 3 April 2017).

Hi All,

I could imagine that Matterport is about to enable downloading 360º spheres, base on the answer to the question [11:25 in the video above] ....

Q: "Can you export the spherical images from your platform?"
A: "No. We do not. We do allow ... but the spherical images themselves . .. we are not YET, able to export."

And, if you can download, I could imagine that would enable uploading too?

What do you think? Am I reading too much into the overly emphasized "YET" ...?

If yes, will this be a free service? Your thoughts?

And, please see this related discussion .....

SPAR3D17: Video-Matterport AEC Presentation

Dan

P.S. Enabling downloading of 360º would be very exciting news. It would enable the publishing of Matterport Spaces to Google Street View (which I imagine that Matterport will enable) and other platforms, including 360Cities (which offers royalties for Pros to license their 360º spheres.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
English is not my first language, but I would say that YET in this context is a safe word when you don´t know what to say.

If you say NO, then it ends the discussion. But if you say "not yet" you just leave the door open even if you don´t have the intention of crossing that door. After all, everything is possible and it will depend more on the competition than on Matterport intentions.

For what I see, they tend to react to inputs rather than being proactive.

But I think that with all these new competitors and the constant pressure from the MP users eventually the T will be replaced by an S and the anwer will be YES.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I talked to a MP sales rep yesterday and he told me that using some setting in the app you can upload directly to Google Street View. Is this not true? I can't remember exactly what setting he said.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101646 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?