Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Multiple FloorsScans

Is there a Maximum number of floors?4200

Standard
Raleigh, NC
newview private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned my first 4 floor property today. (3 floors + basement)
I started on the first floor and worked up to floors 2 & 3.
I then scanned the uppermost step on the stairs headed from the first floor to the basement. Moved this scan to a new floor ( floor 4) and then scanned my way down and through the basement - no issues.
Upon processing the unit comes back as 3 floors with the basement and 1st floor mashed into one floor.
Anyone else with experience on how to fix this issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
I would try making a few adjustments to trim lines etc and reuploading. MP program tries to auto seperate floors and sometimes uploading the same model twice will get different results on how it splits it. Do you have a link?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Alx3D... I've added some trim lines to the basement and reuploaded... now comes the wait.

Here is a link to the first render monstrosity.

Post 3 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
*****EVERYONE SHOULD TOUR THE BOTTOM FLOOR OF HIS LINK****

Ohh wow!

Different issue then I thought originally. I am sorry but I think you are kinda screwed here. I think you had a misalignment during the scanning that, because of the similarity of the stairs, put one scan (probably entering the basement) a floor above where it should have been. Then as you went ended up overlapping the basement and 1st floor.

I do not think there is a fix to this that can be done in workshop or capture.

My recommendation is to just (back up original file) delete the entire basement and deliver a discounted version or delete the entire basement and go back and rescan (separate the entry point into its own floor before going into the basement).

Although it sucks for your project i think you have a cool asset here. The scan is a beautiful f*** up. You might (back up original) and then delete the top 2 floors so that only first floor and basement overlapping are left and then sell it to MP to use as for demo purposes. I would love to see this version.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
wow, this is a unique experience. Sorry for the projecct, the only way is to shoot the basement over. I don't know if it makes a difference but when I do a floor and needs to go down to another floor then I name the floor -1,-2,-3 and going up 1,2,3. Makes it easier for me to keep track off.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Standard
Raleigh, NC
Unfortunately the reprocess did not help. I've done several houses with basements and scanned them all the same way.
I'm practically OCD when it comes to scanning because 1) I want my customers to be blown away 2)I don't want to have to travel back to wherever and rescan.
I've reviewed every detail of my process and scanning. The only thing that I can come up with is that, even though they are marked as being 4th floor and 1st floor, my positioning on the stairwells is so similar that it has somehow confused the processing engine.
Of course this scan is the first scan for a new client.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Raleigh, NC
I've sent a request for Matterport to look into it to see if there is anything that they can do on their end. Hoping to get a resolution or plan before contacting the client.
Post 7 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Have you tried arranging the order in the capture app?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Raleigh, NC
Ok, I received a reply from Matterport support at 10am PST. They said that they WOULD be able to fix the 2 floors blending together.
They suggested making a couple of tweaks to several "trim" areas and then to re-upload. Once it has processed again, I was told to notify them again and that they would fix the issue.
I've completed the changes and re-uploaded the model. Hopefully it will process prior to their end of the day so that I can notify them that it is up.

I'll update this thread as things progress.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Standard
Raleigh, NC
Final update... Christine and the folks at tech support got it fixed!

I had to drop the exterior front door scan because when they fixed the model the door stayed on the basement floor... very weird, but acceptable.

Here is the corrected version: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Lcq78WFnprz&mls=1

Very Happy not to need to go back and the customer is satisfied.
Post 10 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@newview So glad you got it fixed. That was a very curious and interesting problem you shared, but thanks so much because we all can learn too! Love the happy beers LOL
Post 11 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Very happy that it could be fixed, and good to know for future scans that might end up in a similar state,
Post 12 IP   flag post
CKeefe private msg quote post Address this user
To add to this thread, this project I scanned has what matterport considered 11 floors!

https://my.matterport.com/models/MTcV84aD6hP it uploaded and processed just fine for me.
Post 13 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@CKeefe AWESOME!
Post 14 IP   flag post
CKeefe private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @lisahinson , it was my second scan with matterport! Love this thing
Post 15 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@CKeefe Agreed, that's one awesome scan!! Congrats
Post 16 IP   flag post
101635 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?