Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,047 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Facebook Widens 360º Live-Streaming for All4197

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Another visual-storytelling tool for you to help your clients make money (and help you make money).

C/NET – (29 March 2017) Facebook widens 360-degree live-streaming to all

Some excerpts:

"Facebook is opening up its tool to live stream video in 360 degrees to all global users, after launching with certain publishers in December."

"Facebook is letting everybody stream their lives in 360 degrees."

"The operator of the world's biggest social network said Wednesday that it was widening the tool to all users globally, after it launched it on National Geographic's Facebook page in December."

"Live-streaming in 360 degrees, which lets viewers swivel their phones around them to see the action from any angle, hits two sweet spots for Facebook: its dual obsessions with video and virtual reality. Facebook has been aggressively expanding into video through moves like prioritizing clips in your Newsfeed and exploring original programming. And 360-degree video serves as a gateway to virtual reality, which has been one of Facebook's strategic focuses since buying headset maker Oculus in 2014."

"Wednesday, the company said anyone with compatible 360 cameras can go live with them on Facebook, which included the Samsung Gear 360 (2017), Giroptic IO, Insta360, and ALLie Camera, as well as more professional options like the Z CAM S1 and Nokia Ozo. Facebook said it would work with other manufacturers to add more cameras."

---

For a list of 1-click 360º cameras, please see ...

We Get Around 44 360º 1-Click Cameras and Related Gear Shopping List

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

How might you use Facebook 360º live-streaming?

1. live-stream an open-house
2. live-stream a 1:1 agent walk through
3. live-stream an agent caravan
4. live-stream an event?
5. live-stream a conference?
6. live-stream from a booth at a exhibit?

Other thought-starters?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Should I assume Ricoh Theta S will work on FB as well, didn't see it on the list in the article?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nat_vanveen

I did not see Ricoh Theta S on the list.

So far, based on my early testing of the Insta360 Air on a Samsung smartphone, I would recommend the Insta360 Air over buying a Ricoh Theta S - unless you are getting immmoviewer which uses the Ricoh Theta S API to make it easy, fast and simple.

InstaAir records directly on the smartphone resulting in instant playable versus the Ricoh that requires transfer of the video to the device (a long time for video) and then processing.

The workflow with the InstaAir is so much better than the Ricoh. I don't regret the three Ricoh Thetas during the 4 generations of the device, it's just that they missed the ball on the 4th generation (which should have been way better imagine quality for video (it's very good HDR for still 360ºs.

BTW, I am still review / testing the InstaAir ... so too soon to ask me about it, BUT trying to let you know what I know as of today (29 March 2017).

Time for ZZZZZzzzzz....

Dan

Related Forum Discussions

Insta360 Air Panoramic Camera (for Android)
Insta360 Pro: 360º Video Live Stream in 8K
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Eeeeek! I already bought a Ricoh TS last month, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.... I think I went for that because I have an iPhone
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nat_vanveen

I bought the Insta360 Nano (for iPhone) last night to test for the community.

Dan

P.S. Note to 44 1-click 360º Cameras: send me your Cameras to review
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Oh great, I'll look forward to your review on that!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101588 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?