Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceScanningScans

First major space 43,000 sf4194

DFWVT private msg quote post Address this user
This was my first true "space" and it was a challenge. First off it was 43,000 sf with many rooms some of which the organization did not want visible to the public. Then in the main common area was a wall of windows with stained concrete floors that reflected sunlight. I managed to complete this job in 200 scans.

I'd love any feedback you can provide.

Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Wheres the tour link ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sorry, I pasted it into the original post but it didn't show up.

clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
walk360 private msg quote post Address this user
Great Job!!
it was huge... how did you manage to do it only in 200 scans? wow
Post 4 IP   flag post
FlightMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Great Tour DTWVT
You done well to get it done in 200 scans
Post 5 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@DFWVT Brilliant work in 200 scans! That place is a monster... I really love the dollhouse in this one. I also like that they have the Hillside brand showing on the big screens in the main worship area, good for promotion!

On another note for all Matterport photographers..., I am curious because I've seen several scans where the public loos are scanned as well, do the owners actually ask for that? I would have thought that showing the loo is not important or not a selling point?

Thank you for sharing
Post 6 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@DFWVT ps how many hours did that job take?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@walk360 I honestly have no idea. My goal was to stay within the 200 range. I was getting close to finishing up and went over 200. I was able to go back and delete a few and ended with 200 scans total.

@nat_vanveen I had to do some staging and get someone in to turn on the projectors with the logo as it was an afterthought however, the scanning took roughly 8 hours. This was only my second scan.

Thank you all.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic! I'm discussing with a client scanning a HUGE space (like almost 200,000 sq ft) and this is inspiring me to think I might be able to do it in 4 pieces.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@DFWVT Your scan totals 31,199 SQFT -- which is quite impressive.

So... I live by Hillside... Want to grab coffee at Kindred Coffee tomorrow at about 9:30am? (or Starbucks at Precinct and Davis?)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately I can´t post the model, but we´ve done a 42 000 SqFt model with just 104 scans. Meaning we´ve covered 400 SqFt pr scanpoint. It´s just one large open space, no doors/rooms etc, but a few objects around to align against.
Post 11 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice!! I was going to contact some of the local churches around my area. I was afraid they may be to big. Thanks for proving me wrong @DFWVT!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101425 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?