Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Floor Plans without Matterport Tour4172

Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Does anyone have a solution for producing floor plans without creating a Matterport tour? And pricing?

Does Blue-Sketch need the Matterport tour? I love working with them!

Thanks!
Stephanie
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I would think you still need to scan and pay for upload to get plans. You only make public so they can process the plans then turn back to private
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
I believe there are some companies that can create floor plans off of photos, but not sure how, nor perhaps would it be more cost-effective. Definitely could save on time!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
With photos only I can't imagine how they can figure out dimensions or the spatial relationship of the photos to each outer.

There is something out there that you can use a phone app to scan the house for floorplan measurements but can't remember the WGA post about. @DanSmigrod do you remember?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
You can use the iphone app "MagicPlan", but it's got a big learning curve and dimensions are most definitely approximate.

I made a floor plan with a house using that app a couple years back and it took me over an hour for a very small house. In the same time I could have had a Matterport tour completed.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/magicplan/id427424432?mt=8
Post 5 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the shoutout @Dolloff

As @GlennTremain says without dimensions and layout it would be pretty close to impossible to get the floor plan right. There would surely be many back and forth correction rounds which would eat up the initial cost and time savings.

@Queen_City_3D I've heard similar stories. Making the Matterport tour ends up being easier, faster and cheaper.

If we get the construction blueprint we can turn that into a nice looking, marketing friendly Floor Plan.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Before Matterport, I created floor plans using MagicPlan. The built in measurer was most definitely not accurate enough, but I used a laser ruler that could bluetooth connect to the iPad/ app. Even with that, the process is tedious, especially if you measure the full dimensions of all windows and doors, kitchen counters, appliances, fixtures, etc etc. At $9.99 a month, it's a cheap service, but be prepared to invest time to do it. Also does not draw curves easily.
Post 7 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@Dolloff Did you try @Cartoblue yet? They partner with a service that can create a floorplan from a drawing you can take a photo of and upload, so maybe they can help
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?