Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGoThruGSV17Panoskin

Panoskin Street View Editor / GoThru Editor4161

Alin private msg quote post Address this user
wow 117 panos in two hours ... that's very good

I have open the publishing to everyone, so you can go ahead an publish

Alin
Post 26 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Alin it's not updated on my end.

Post 27 IP   flag post
please try now, I've enabled initially on our development environment

Alin
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A related discussion ...

GoThru Replaces Google Street View Editor

Best,

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Alin
I've meet @DanSmigrod at IVRPA last year, he was right in front of me. He most probably did not notice me ..
Alin

Ah! It would have been nice to visit at IVRPA 2016 in Quebec City.

Thank you for joining the We Get Around Network Forum and for posting to this discussion (and creating your solution to support Google Trusted Photographers in the Forum Community.

While I would say, let's visit at IVRPA 2017 in Vienna, a family wedding will keep me from attending this year.

The video (above) seems appropriate to share here. I originally posted to the Forum here:

Video>Google Street View Meets 1-click 360ºs

@Alin

Chris Hickman is the Developer of MP2SV Multi-Pano 2 Street View conversion and publishing service. It was originally create to enable Matterport Pros to publish their Matterport Spaces 3D Tours to Google Maps. Then, Matterport killed it for that purpose. Thankfully, iGuide fully embraces it as a solution for Pros to shoot once, publish twice.

BTW, Chis was named We Get Around Network #1 Rock Star of 2016 (along with @rpetersn).

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post

Frisco, Texas
Circling back to publishing via GoThru -- I have now published my first tour with the GoThru platform.

When I submitted the tour, I wasn't sure it if had actually published. It was a simple click and done. No fan fair. With Google's Editor, an e-mail would be sent to confirm the tour publishing and it would also include a link.

I checked a few times and then went to the 'Photos' and then the '360's tab and then saw all of my panos individually listed. So I have a few questions:

#1) Would you mind creating an e-mail that goes out with a link to confirm publishing?
#2) Is there a link to directly visit the Street View tour within GoThru.co?
#3) While I recognize that Google no longer allows selection of the 'See Inside' image, should I expect that the 'See Outside' will soon be replaced by a 'See Inside' that is randomly selected?

#4) Previously, only 1 pano per constellation displayed on the 360s tab -- now all of them appear -- is this a preference or is this the way that street view is --now-- supposed to function? I'd prefer one selected image per constellation as it was before. Many of these shots are incidental and used for navigation ...

Thanks!
Post 31 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360

1) we would like to create such a link, but the API is not returning the link yet We will work on a email, to let you know if there was any issues with the publishing, and when you can start checking your Street View App on your phone and on Google Maps
2) no because we do not have a link, from Google
3) We hope, that Google will replace the "See inside" with something else, there are some rumors that it will be "Step inside" or just a circle ... but nothing coming from Google. So we are left with a hope
4) What we think is Google is in a transition phase right now and for a while we will see all the panos in the carousel and blue dots. But soon after 1st of 11th of April [2017] we will start seeing these changes.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
#1/2) Boo on the API. It really should return the link. I guess in the meantime, a direct link via CID could work, right?

https://maps.google.com/?cid=13175640808291121647

#3) I hope so too! The announcement of the deprecation of that feature was a bit horrifying for GTPs. It's one of the best marketable features and our clients love it!

#4) Thank you for answering that question. If I might make a suggestion -- it might be a good idea to explain to users what to expect when publishing on the site so that you don't have to answer this question as often
Post 33 IP   flag post
1/2) that's not always the case, you can publish now to an address or anywhere on the map
Post 34 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Alin Wow. I did not realize that ... shouldn't all locations have CIDs though? From a database design standpoint, that seems a bit silly...

It's a bit frustrating for those of us who want to learn more about how things work to not be able to review any documentation... I look forward to Google properly documenting their API as they have done with all of their other APIs.
Post 35 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
What an interesting exchange of ideas, tips, questions and answers.

Thank yuo @Metroplex360!

Regarding your comment, shouldn´t the API be published and available for Google Developers? If so, I guess that if you open an account as developer they should give you access.

I am not completely sure about it, but I think that I read something about it somewhere
Post 36 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfantin
Regarding your comment, shouldn´t the API be published and available for Google Developers? If so, I guess that if you open an account as developer they should give you access.

I applied, provided MP2SV.com and my relationship with iGuide as a reason why I might be a candidate. Never heard a word back. I applied 3x.

If I'm an enthusiast of a platform, I do like to familiarize myself with the API and see if it's viable to do something with it.

One of my ideas was to see if it would be possible to create a pipeline to automatically injest iGuide tours. After all, iGuide tours have their panoramas already in place. I'd have loved access if not just to evaluate what that option would look like. MP2SV.com is a service that's in a transition as solutions like GoThru.co remove the barrier for iGuide operators that necessitated that they lean on a Google Trusted Photographer to have their tours posted. I've been quite open that as of March 31, 2017, other options may be available and that MP2SV.com will be repositioned for the best solution -- even if it is only to refer people to a vendor and to cease operation

@Alin -- What might be a cool idea is to consider an API for GoThru itself so that developers like myself can build add-ons without needing to create a full stack solution like you've built. The company that does that wins over 3rd parties and all of their clients.
Post 37 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
So it seems that either Google doesn´t read the applicatios or they have just a select group of friends that have received the royal treatment and received a millionaire business on a silver plate...

I don´t see why they would refuse granting you access to the API, specially if it is to enrich and expand the ecosystem for the benefit of the whole Trusted community.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfantin
So it seems that either Google doesn´t read the applications or they have just a select group of friends that have received the royal treatment and received a millionaire business on a silver plate...

Do you think that Google gave out the API to a dozen companies and these are the only 3 that actually have a product ready to present perhaps?

If so -- I would like to imagine that @Alin never expected things to look like they do right now wherein his solution would be the only one available during this crucial moment.

(And yes, I'm ignoring Pano2VR despite being a fan of it up through v4.5.3. The new version did not appeal to me.)
Post 39 IP   flag post
We are were we are today pure of luck ...
Previous GoThru product, GoThru Plugin, was based on Google Street View Editor, and we had back in 2015 rumors about the SVE being retired, form agencies we were working with. So I took back then then decision to build my own edit, for my own projects ... and we did ... and that's how our editor is 1 year ahead of everyone.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Alin I am genuinely VERY happy for you. Your hard work is rewarded in ways you would have never imagined!

If you don't mind, I have a question that is important to me --

I have offered conversion services for a while. For my clients, I have published to Street View and provided attribution to their business. From what I am gathering, under the new system, tours are attached to the publisher's Google+ account, therefore, the industry of publishing tours on the behalf of someone else is now over. Am I correct?

--

I have endorsed your service on mp2sv.com.
Post 41 IP   flag post
In the new world every gmail account has an Street View Publishing account (like YT etc ..) so anyone can publish to Street View and all the tours will look the same. I do not see why someone else would want to pay another one to publish it's tours, unless you charge for the stitching/moderation
Post 42 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Alin I completely agree. My services at mp2sv.com have always existed as a stop gap solution for photographers without access to the Business View system.

I do believe that there would still be a market for publishing services. For instance, it took me 3 hours to build my 117 pano tour on your system. Not bad at all -- but there are photographers out there that would rather focus on capturing the imagery and would pay for publishing services to help with their workflow. In that case, they would not want the name of the 3rd party on their tour.

It could be useful to have sublogins to your moderation system.

Also - What if my client doesn't want my name on their tour?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Panoskin
Support
Panoskin private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

I have to say that it has been very fun reading this post, and it may be time for us (Panoskin) to join the fun. We just launched our Beta last night and plan to release our full tool on April 1st. For those of you who have access, we look forward to feedback, for those that don't you can watch a step-by-step video here to get an idea of how the tool will work.
Post 44 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the invite. Works great, but is there any chance to autoalign all the panos like on the Matterport Platform?
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Alin

As @metroplex360 writes, I would rather use a service bureau like MP2SV.com to do post production, conversion to Google Street View than try to become an expert with your solution.

Photographers like me problably represent a much bigger opportunity for you: particularly in a world of 50 1-click 360 camera solutions such as Insta360 Nano for $120 paired with my Samsung smartphone.

Best,

Dan
Post 46 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I have also a Insta360 on my Pixel.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I'm glad to see PanoSkin has jumped onto the forums! I wrote my reactions to bumbling through both systems today. I'm going to try to build up the same tour in both platforms... wish me luck

@DanSmigrod -- I would love to be able to use either PanoSkin or GoThru as a 3rd party to build tours on behalf of other people. While both tools are designed to be intuitive and DIY solutions -- there are of course people like yourself that would rather NOT do it at all -- especially on a larger tour. Previously, MP2SV was a stop-gap solution due to the exclusivity of the Business View Editor... now, if I can relaunch it wherein attribution can be given to the client (not myself), it would be more of a convenience service.
Post 48 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

I it. Definitely peeps like me that would prefer your MP2SV.com conversation and publishing service.

Dan

P.S. about to board my flight back to Atlanta: 3 days late...
Post 49 IP   flag post
101433 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?