Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCamerasIndustryInsideMaps

InsideMaps vs Matterport4146

Mario private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Everyone,

have anyone tried this:
https://www.insidemaps.com

Advantages mainly the open source code and price of hardware.
Their HDR option is what excites me to use them as many realtors here ask for HDR photos as a must to sign with me.

Does it make sense to use both techs MP & INSIDEMAPS. and benefit?!
your Thoughts please !!

Thanks,
Mario
Post 1 IP   flag post
MSD private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Mario,

I've just purchased the Insidemaps system, i made the choice over matterport due to the low cost of entry. So far it seems like a no-brainer.

I'll be trying out scanning for the first time this week. I'll keep you updated with my experiences.

Regards,
Mark
Post 2 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
@Mario - Not from my point of view.If you have been following all the post lately you will see that a lot of Tech is coming out as we speak and every major player out there has something in the works.

I think there will always be someone that will want Matterport. The question is will they be a round when the dust clears? If you already own the camera you're in but for your sake I hope it doesn't turn into big paper weight.

As the new tech comes to light more and more people that need it will buy the smart phone or the little camera from Amazon and just stick to VR because of ease of use and cost.

Image quality has been talked about here and there on this forum but it is not I that you are trying to sell too. It will come down to what the customer is willing to pay for and except. Don't get me wrong Matterport wins hands down for the cool factor but if there are going to be many more options that might do the trick for the customer where does that leave you with your $4,000 dollar camera?

A few new camera with better resolution are coming but if the target audience is on smart phones and iPads do you really need high def? Im am going down the Insidemaps road it looks like it can be a contender for the middle of the field and see what happens with the Google announcement.
Post 3 IP   flag post
fragache private msg quote post Address this user
@mcatino what do you mean with the google announcement?
Post 4 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
@fragache sorry for leaving you hanging but read a post here about you no longer have to be a TGP to post tours to Google don't quote me on it I think this is where I read something to that effect (I could be wrong) https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/1917/page/1/matterport-pros-also-buy-a-ricoh-theta-s/
Post 5 IP   flag post
@msd Thanks Mark, plz keep us posted with the experience.
Post 6 IP   flag post
dorlando private msg quote post Address this user
You still need to be trusted as I understand it, we just went that route. Only takes an our of shooting with a Theta S to get trusted. Then use the DSLR for your jobs. The big kicker here is Google does not allow private residences on Street View. Even if you publish them, if they are flagged, they'll be removed.

https://www.google.com/streetview/privacy/#privacy-and-blurring
Post 7 IP   flag post
@mcatino thanks for your input mate.
I am a big believer of MP, I also feel that something nice is cooken in their offices !! Thumbs up
Post 8 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
How is inside maps for still shots? And do I need to use an ipad/iphone?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@dorlando
@Mario

About Google Street View from a related We Get Around Network Forum post.

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @TrustedPhotoDC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
@TrustedPhotoDC What is Non-TIPS? Is this an acronym for private spaces?

TIPs are Trusted Independent Photographers. Agencies are Trusted Agencies with agencies no long being certified.

SV Editor Attribution Guidelines:

This will determine how you are credited for imagery you upload. This must follow the format for TIPs: "Photographer Name, Business Name" or Agencies: "Agency's Business Name".

Quote:
I think it's a bit disingenuous for your to say that anyone is free to publish with the Street View App without mentioning that the app is horrible and results will vary.

I would wholeheartedly disagree. We are seeing that the app works now for clients and understand fully that if we do not have a comparable workflow with the app in 5 months, our business will be in trouble. Google is putting resources into this app and I am comfortable now to publish with the app. We are still a month or two away from publicly publishing large tours.

https://goo.gl/maps/4jbqBEEnAUP2

https://goo.gl/maps/qmhG1j6H24o

a Theta S Test - https://goo.gl/maps/d8QuAN7b1Yo

Quote:
'See Inside' is supposedly deprecated - but - from what I have read on the Street View Forums, Google is still keeping an image there -- the most popular 360 view that people use. This, like everything about the program, is pretty confusing and poorly explained on the forums. People are upset because they do not like the 'See Inside' image changing when the client would not like it.

The knowledge graph(KG) is not a property of the Google Maps team. How the information is presented and viewed changes between display platform and app. When Google acquired the KG technology, it was for desktop only. As I mentioned, certain categories have already gone to a single square photo in the KG on the desktop and are not showing any photosphere.

That hacks and Local Guides are using one-click cameras and publishing photospheres is a different issue in that they appear in search and maps with a business listing and could replace the primary photos that the business paid for.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@foxwrth13 from what I saw online; good quality , very acceptable for real estate agents !! Am not a photographer though , talking out of a bit research.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@dorlando @foxwrth13

From another related We Get Around Network Forum post.

Best,

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedPhotoDC
TIPs are Trusted Independent Photographers.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
SV Editor Attribution Guidelines:

This will determine how you are credited for imagery you upload. This must follow the format for TIPs: "Photographer Name, Business Name" or Agencies: "Agency's Business Name".

"Do not attribute your content to another individual, company or organization if you are not authorized to represent them."

https://www.google.com/streetview/privacy/#general-content-policies

My interpretation on this is that it is permissable to attribute tours to the business you are serving. This is further supported by Google allowing me to change the attribution in its entirety for every submission I make.

I also see discussions on this in the trusted forum... So I am assuming you are just posting this as a direct quote rather than to serve as a definitive statement.

Quote:
I would wholeheartedly disagree. We are seeing that the app works now for clients and understand fully that if we do not have a comparable workflow with the app in 5 months, our business will be in trouble. Google is putting resources into this app and I am comfortable now to publish with the app. We are still a month or two away from publicly publishing large tours.

I wholly appreciate positivity and optimism in supporting a platform that one depends on.

I plan on using an Android emulator on my desktop when this day comes as I do not want to use my mobile device for this. I believe that there is a replacement web based editor in the works also.

Quote:

https://goo.gl/maps/4jbqBEEnAUP2

https://goo.gl/maps/qmhG1j6H24o

a Theta S Test - https://goo.gl/maps/d8QuAN7b1Yo

Looking good. Is there any way that you can customize attribution under the new system if you had a client that did not want your business name there? What's the largest tour you have published?

I published a tour for Dan that was... I think over 400 Matterport scans back when I first launched mp2sv. It was built from several Matterport tours. It took several trial and error tries before I understood the value of using multiple constellations even though the different areas were not separate floors. My worry is that I would not have been able to accomplish these feat with an app. The tour on question was streamlined to reduce unnecessary navigation arrows and overlapping panos were removed while editing.

Quote:
The knowledge graph(KG) is not a property of the Google Maps team. How the information is presented and viewed changes between display platform and app. When Google acquired the KG technology, it was for desktop only. As I mentioned, certain categories have already gone to a single square photo in the KG on the desktop and are not showing any photosphere.

That hacks and Local Guides are using one-click cameras and publishing photospheres is a different issue in that they appear in search and maps with a business listing and could replace the primary photos that the business paid for.

I think that if a business is claimed, they should be able to select the appropriate knowledge graph imagery. KG is great as it pulls days from so many different services and undoubtedly, the changes within street view are part of the bigger goal to better integrate all of Google's services to work better together.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Good read but what are you pointing out to me Dan? Just a general look or a specific statement contrary to what I originally posted? Thanks for clarifying!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Mario .. thanks. I'd love to get rid of those photographers if I could...or at least have my assistant take care of the pics.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@foxwrth13 that's my point πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@dorlando

About the Google Street View discussions ...

@Metroplex360 and @TrustedPhotoDC have written a lot about publishing to Google Maps.

Plus, it is likely that InsideMaps 360ΒΊ photo spheres could be easily published to Google Street View using the MP2SV Multi-Pano 2 Street View conversion and publishing service.

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
As I understand it, the Street View won't work for private residences. Is that still the case Dan?
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC
@Metroplex360

Can you answer the following question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dorlando
As I understand it, the Street View won't work for private residences. Is that still the case Dan?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, I've actually been talking to @TrustedPhotoDC. That is where I was pointed to the Street View TOC prohibiting private residences. I was just wondering if you had different information, thanks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@dorlando

My impression is that all Spaces, including homes, can now be published to Google Street View.

That's why I imagine that Matterport will enable easy, fast and ($$$) to publish to Google Map.

And, that we will see Google acquire Matterport. 😎

The first, big step forward will be Matterport making their API public.

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
101421 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?