3D, VR, 360° and Street View Photographers  |  Real Estate Agents  |  3rd Party Service Providers
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Need a 3D/VR/360°/Street View Photographer? 3,321 We Get Around Network Members in 104 Countries! Ask For FREE referral!
WGAN-TV Channel
Demo: New bldr Platform powered by KoaWare for
Real Estate Agents: Demo by KoaWare's Kristyn Roth
Last 30 Days: 56,947 Page Views | 10,367 Visitors | 101 New Members
Matterport Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 40,369  |  Total Topics: 5,348
We Get Around Network Forum

Pano2VR 5.2 Beta: Google Street View Export4107

WGAN Forum
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Pano2VR 5.2 Beta includes Google Street View Export.

If you are using this feature, please comment on it in this discussion.

I can imagine many 360º cameras – and software such as Pano2VR – making it easy, fast and simple to export to Google Street View.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Premium
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
The beta released yesterday. The Pro version (5.1 was also released yesterday) has been in the kit for a long time. Working with Al Bug's GoThru, which is the leader right now in the new Street View API space, but will moderate and publish a tour later today with Pano2VR 5.2.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a long time fan of Pano2VR, although I found v5.0's UI to be cumbersome compared to the neat swiss-army knife setup that was v4.x.

Pano2VR's Street View implementation concerns me a bit as it seems that it'll work for small tours ... but not for walkthroughs like I'm accustomed to publishing.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 • IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I found this video - which has been in use for a while separate from Google Street View integration. I'm assuming it's the same connections that are going to be exported, which makes sense.

and

I'm still not entirely thrilled. If you have a simple tour with a small handful of panos, then sure, this will get the job done. If you have a massive tour with dozens ... hundereds of panos ... this is going to be a massive undertaking.

Google Street View's app and 'Desktop Editor' (browser based) will auto-detect links between panoramas based on photo analysis if panos are close to each other. Errors would always occur (mirrors, corners, and hallways especially) and refining what Google would automatically calculate would take time, but the automatic linking of tours included accurate spacing of panos too -- which was very helpful.

--

I'm happy to see that they have integrated this. It'll help a new generation of Street View ppl. This looks a bit tedious to me... I'll be sure to try it out though as the jury is still out. Doesn't look like a superior solution to what Google had previously offered trusted photographers.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
40735 5 5
destitute