Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Pano2VR 5.2 Beta: Google Street View Export4107

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Pano2VR 5.2 Beta includes Google Street View Export.

If you are using this feature, please comment on it in this discussion.

I can imagine many 360º cameras – and software such as Pano2VR – making it easy, fast and simple to export to Google Street View.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
The beta released yesterday. The Pro version (5.1 was also released yesterday) has been in the kit for a long time. Working with Al Bug's GoThru, which is the leader right now in the new Street View API space, but will moderate and publish a tour later today with Pano2VR 5.2.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a long time fan of Pano2VR, although I found v5.0's UI to be cumbersome compared to the neat swiss-army knife setup that was v4.x.

Pano2VR's Street View implementation concerns me a bit as it seems that it'll work for small tours ... but not for walkthroughs like I'm accustomed to publishing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I found this video - which has been in use for a while separate from Google Street View integration. I'm assuming it's the same connections that are going to be exported, which makes sense.

and

I'm still not entirely thrilled. If you have a simple tour with a small handful of panos, then sure, this will get the job done. If you have a massive tour with dozens ... hundereds of panos ... this is going to be a massive undertaking.

Google Street View's app and 'Desktop Editor' (browser based) will auto-detect links between panoramas based on photo analysis if panos are close to each other. Errors would always occur (mirrors, corners, and hallways especially) and refining what Google would automatically calculate would take time, but the automatic linking of tours included accurate spacing of panos too -- which was very helpful.

--

I'm happy to see that they have integrated this. It'll help a new generation of Street View ppl. This looks a bit tedious to me... I'll be sure to try it out though as the jury is still out. Doesn't look like a superior solution to what Google had previously offered trusted photographers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101587 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?