Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbies

Success or Failure of MSP Startups Recently?4100

Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of success or failures have you had as a startup? Especially curious about your results if you started up in the last year or so.

Would like to know what kind of income you have been able to generate, how many scans you do in a typical month, do you do markets other than real estate?

Also, can you give me a brief overview of your background/what your previous job skills are?

I want to make sure that I can make this a sustainable business that can support me before I jump in with both feet!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Richard
Post 1 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
First thing to read is some of the posts on the new Iris 360 Pro. You should get a good understanding this would be a add on to your already business, business (what ever you are doing now).

With all the low ballers out there you are in for a hard time but I guess that depends on your market. Because of all the tech coming out now and in near future I don't think this a sustainable business, like I said it is a add on.

If you do well in your area, sooner or latter someone else is going to get into the same game and you both will kill yourselves over the pricing or your client might buy a camera for themselves at Walmart. I know it's not MP but allot don't care VR from a $300 Theta will do.

This is a unprofessional arena, and allot of bottom feeders will knock you out with a blink of a eye with a lesser camera or the same camera at a lower price.
U
Do this because you want to and can afford the MP monthly plan not to make a living. A few like the kid genus @metroplex360 and a few others that are offering other tech services along with their MP.

ThiDans forum that @DanSmigrod
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Richierichks the above post was for you but something went wrong I couldn't edit or cut or copy some of my typos and thoughts.

The bottom line this is a good place to learn about what is going on and coming down the road. IMHO don't quit your day job to do this unless you are super connected in the Real Estate world and have a ton of business handed to you.

One day soon Christmas trees around the world will have a 360 camera Under it or in a stocking hanging by the fire place. FYI if the rumors are correct you can wait for the new iPhone 8 and you will be able to do this with your phone.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your input @mcatino. I was really hoping to get the majority of my business from secondary markets and filling in with Real Estate agents. I think there are a lot of commercial applications for this that could really make it work if you get creative.

I'm thinking of things like restaurants, bars, event spaces, Architecture/Construction/Engineering, etc. I like the idea of having customers that need extended hosting so I can make a recurring revenue stream off of the hosting. Also, since most of these places won't have a reason for frequent scans it will keep it from being feasible for them to purchase a camera.

I have a lot of B2B sales experience and I am really good at thinking outside of the box, so I think of a new use for this technology almost daily.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Richierichks we all know the possibilities. We all have the same ideas. Good luck dive in, this is a great community of support and help the people here are great.

FYI do some more research that's all, you'll be fine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?